Wings

Poland x Germany 

Germany was bored. He had nothing to do in his big house in Berlin, where he lived alone since his father Reich died in 1945. His sister East was adopted by USSR after the war, and he never saw her again. He heard that she died on the 9th of November 1989, when the Berlin Wall fell. He also heard that USSR died on the 25th of December 1991, leaving behind many children. Germany was friends with one of them, Russia, who had dragon wings like him. They often talked on the phone, but they rarely met in person.

Germany decided to go for a flight. He opened his window and spread his black dragon wings, feeling the wind on his scales. He soared into the sky, enjoying the freedom and the view. He flew over the city, seeing the people and the cars below him. He flew over the Brandenburg Gate, the Reichstag, the TV Tower, and other landmarks. He flew over the river Spree, where he saw a boat with tourists. He waved at them and they waved back, taking pictures of him.

He decided to fly further, to see other countries. He flew over Poland, where he saw green fields and forests. He flew over Warsaw, where he saw a palace and a monument. He flew over Krakow, where he saw a castle and a church. He was about to fly over Auschwitz, when he saw something that caught his eye.

It was a boy with white feather wings. He was sitting on a bench in a park, reading a book. He had blond hair and blue eyes, and he wore a red and white shirt and jeans. He looked up and saw Germany flying above him. He smiled and waved at him.

Germany was curious. He had never seen anyone with feather wings before. He wondered who he was and what he was doing there. He decided to land near him and talk to him. He folded his wings and descended to the ground, landing softly next to the bench.

"Hello," he said in Polish.

"Hello," the boy said back.

"I'm Germany," Germany said.

"I'm Poland," the boy said.

"Nice to meet you," Germany said.

"Nice to meet you too," Poland said.

They looked at each other for a moment, feeling a strange attraction.

"What are you reading?" Germany asked.

"It's a book about history," Poland said.

"History? What kind of history?" Germany asked.

"World history," Poland said.

"Do you like history?" Germany asked.

"Yes, I do. It's very interesting," Poland said.

"What's your favorite part of history?" Germany asked.

"I like ancient history, like Greece and Rome," Poland said.

"Why?" Germany asked.

"Because they had gods and heroes and myths," Poland said.

"Do you believe in gods?" Germany asked.

"No, not really. But I like to imagine them," Poland said.

"What about heroes?" Germany asked.

"I believe in heroes. They are people who do good things for others," Poland said.

"Do you have a hero?" Germany asked.

"Yes, I do," Poland said.

"Who is it?" Germany asked.

"You," Poland said.

Germany was surprised. He didn't expect that answer.

"Me? Why me?" he asked.

"Because you are brave and strong and kind," Poland said.

"How do you know that?" Germany asked.

"I've heard stories about you," Poland said.

"What kind of stories?" Germany asked.

"Stories about how you helped other countries after the war, how you rebuilt your economy and democracy, how you reunited with your sister East, how you became friends with Russia," Poland said.

"Who told you those stories?" Germany asked.

"My brother Kazakhstan," Poland said.

"Kazakhstan? Who is he?" Germany asked.

"He's one of USSR's sons. He has gold feather wings like me. He adopted me after USSR died," Poland said.

"So you're not related to USSR?" Germany asked.

"No, I'm not. I was adopted by him too," Poland said.

"When did that happen?" Germany asked.

"In 1939. I was kidnapped by him and your father Reich," Poland said.

Germany felt a pang of guilt. He remembered that year, when he and his father invaded Poland together. They divided the country between them, and took many people as prisoners or slaves. They also damaged Poland's wings, so that he couldn't fly anymore. Germany felt sorry for what he had done to him.

"I'm sorry," he said softly.

"For what?" Poland asked innocently.

"For what I did to you in 1939," Germany said.

Poland looked at him with sadness in his eyes. He touched his wings gently, feeling the scars and the pain.

"It's okay," he said quietly. "It wasn't your fault."

"Yes, it was. I should have stopped my father. I should have helped you," Germany said.

"You couldn't. You were just a child. You were afraid of him," Poland said.

"How do you know that?" Germany asked.

"I can see it in your eyes. You have the same eyes as me. Eyes that have seen too much," Poland said.

They looked into each other's eyes, feeling a connection.

"Can you forgive me?" Germany asked.

"I already have," Poland said.

They smiled at each other, feeling a warmth in their hearts.

"Can I ask you something?" Germany asked.

"Sure, anything," Poland said.

"Can I hug you?" Germany asked.

Poland nodded, and opened his arms. Germany moved closer to him, and wrapped his arms around him. They hugged each other tightly, feeling their wings touch. They felt a spark of electricity run through their bodies, and they knew they had found their soulmate. They stayed like that for a long time, feeling happy and peaceful. They didn't care about the past or the future, they only cared about the present. They only cared about each other.

They had fallen in love.