Chapter 3. "Don't bite their head off"

"Your getting..." My dad scratched the bag of his head nervously.  

"Oh My gosh! Im finally getting a new car? Oh my god. Thank you! I love you guys! I can't believe im getting my own car! Thankyou. Thankyou!! " I began doing a happy dance on the spot but stopped when my parents made no response/  

"No its not that Savannah..." I cut my dad off.

"Is it a new cell phone? I mean beacause mines old and broken.Sure, its not as good as a new car but, its still good!" I told them.

 "Thats not it eitheir.."  

"A puppy? Im getting a new puppy? I have always wanted a puppy! I will take that over a new phone!" 

"Thats not it.."

 "Okay dad Im running out of things to say here. Im a bad guesser. Just spill already!" I huffed.

 "Your getting Married." My dad blurted.  

"Yeah dad in like ten years." I told him. 

"No, Savannah, sooner than that." My mum told me.

"Well yeah if I had a boyfriend. Im sort of lonely in that apartment." I told them.  

"Oh, Savannah. You don't get it, do you?"

"Nope, Care to enlighten me my dear parents?" I asked with a little bit of sarcasm lacing my voice.  

"You're getting an arranged marriage," My mother told me softly.

"A W-w-w-hatttt?" I stuttered out.

"Savannah keep up with the programme! He will be here in a few hours you need to go and pack." No emotion came through my fathers voice, matchingg his face.  

Tears ran marathons down my face, "How could you do this to me?" I sobbed.

 "We wanted whats best for you!"

 "And you think this is better Mum? We don't need Money, shelter.." I sobbed even more.

"We don't need it know but we did once to keep the family buisness going," My dad paused and took a deep breath, "He agreed on one condition you and his son would get married when you where eighteen. We had no choice but to agree." My dad explained. My dad had hope in his voice. Hope that I would understand.

"What kind of parents are you? Let me answer that! The worst parents ever!" I screamed at them sobbing uncontrollably. My chest fell and rose quickly. My face was itchy with the dried up tears. 

"You don't mean that," My mother said to me resting a hand on my arm her face twisting with sadness.

 I hit her hand of, "Well, I didn't until now. How could you guys do this to me?"  

"Savannah, shut up, go and get packed. You will behave when they arrive," My father snapped.

I made my way to the stairs but stopped infront of my parents, "I hate you." I told them venomusly.

As I got to the foot of the stairs I turned and looked at them , "So now you two make my decisions? Don't I get a say in anything?"

 "Not this time Savannah, Im sorry." My father said sympathetically. 

"Im disappointed to call you my parents!" I told them harshly. I turned on my heel and stompped up the stairs and slammed my bedroom door shut.

 I packed my bags and layed down on my bed crying into my pillow. How could my parents do this to me? I was seventeen years young. I was to young to be married. I haven't even finished high school yet. I will be married while im in collage. Who is this guys im meant ot be marrying anyway? What if he's a total jerk? What if..What if..Questions kept going around in my head. Well, desperate times cool for desperate measures. I needed to call my best friend.