Chapter Fourteen

Depuis le début

"Asking permission, quite the gentleman. I like it." Kennedy teases.

"Shut up." Baron growls.

"Sorry." Kennedy giggles and turns to me.

I smile at her before we both turn to Baron and Kristie. She nods at him and we barely hear her whisper yes.

Baron covers the distance between their faces and their lips meet. It's innocent at first, without tongue but then it gets heated and its like all the years of them crushing on each other and being academic rivals comes pouring out. I cover Kennedy's eyes as a joke and she pushes my hand away.

"Okay that's enough. It's been a minute." Kennedy says but they don't stop.

"B you better stop before you get her pregnant." Wesley teases.

He manages to break through the fog of lust around them and they pull apart. It's clear that after that kiss everything will change between them. It's about time seeing as they've been dancing circles around each other for years. It was hard to watch sometimes but now all thanks to Kennedy the veil has been broken.

"Baron it's your turn to spin or do you need a minute?" Kennedy asks with mirth all over her face.

He grunts and spins the bottle but I don't miss the look of promise he gives Kristie or their hands linked in between their bodies.

A lot more kisses are shared, someone is dared to send nudes to their boyfriend and a lot of uncomfortable questions are asked.

The bottle lands back on Kennedy after a couple of more rounds.

"Truth or dare Red?" Jade, the cheerleading captain and Wesley's ex asks.

I don't like the way she is looking at Kennedy or the way she's called her 'Red'. I feel like there is bad blood between them or I might just be reading too much into things.

"Dare." Kennedy replies.

I expected her to choose truth again but she's surprised me.

"I dare you to give Isaiah a lap dance." Jade grins looking at the two of us.

I panic because there is no way I'll be able to hold onto my sanity if she agrees to it. I've barely been hanging on all night with her seated next to me looking exquisite and smelling even better.

Kennedy looks unsure as well but there's no backing out option unless she is ready to drink hot sauce.

"Then again that might be too much for you. You're a white girl with barely any ass. You might end up hurting the guy." Jade mocks with an evil cackle.

"Bitch you didn't." Kennedy claps back.

"Oh I think I just did." Jade grins.

"You're the she-devil who pulled my hair at school." Kennedy decrees proving me right.

I knew there was bad blood between them. Also how did I not know about this? I know students are giving Kennedy a hard time but physical bullying is crossing the line.

"Don't call me that." Jade screeches.

"If the shoe fits... "

"Skank."

"Whore... "

"Okay ladies keep the claws away. No name calling at my party." Wesley demands just as I'm about to cut in.

I had no idea Kennedy was capable of such foul language but to be fair, Jade started it.

"I'm sorry Wes. You know what, I'll do it." Kennedy says getting to her feet.