251: Behind The Black Horizon

a/n: Let's ignore how it would take 14 hours to get from New Orleans to Mystic Falls because the actual writers of TO clearly didn't care about that when they wrote a scene in a car, so I shan't either :D Remember to comment and vote x Bea

MJ stormed into The Compound, Kol seconds behind her, a growl in her throat at the sight of the four bodies. Eyes rolled back, no blood on their clothes but no beating in their chests either, just symbols on their hands making the sacrificial magic clear. Leaving Finn to sit on the sofa, coat wrapped around his body, hair oddly windswept, while Elijah paced behind him.

Everything was meant to be okay.

Marcel and Maci had gotten the white oak. MJ should have been able to focus on Kol –

She knelt by the nearest body, "How dare they."

It felt wrong not to consecrate them, but she couldn't. She refused to give the spirits what they wanted. Dialling Vincent on a loop, only to get no response, having to move to the elders instead.

Letting everyone know her speech had come to fruition. Their witches had been used. Some covens hadn't shown to Davina and Abigail's lesson the previous day, and now four people were dead.

"This is getting ridiculous."

"Do you know what spell they cast?" Elijah prompted.

MJ scanned the hands, "No, but at least these symbols aren't Aramaic."

Kol made a strained sound at the discovery she'd half-mentioned at the pub.

"Come here," She glared at Finn, "Reading time."

He didn't move.

"Are you really gonna be difficult about this?"

He rose to his feet.

"Hands..."

He lifted them.

"Gracias," MJ traced her nails across his palms, "Cabrón."

Letting her eyes flutter, starting to trace circles.

Hit with flashes of chanting, a tightening in her soul, skin burning into bone –

Air sucked forward –

"Well," MJ chuckled, "Ain't that something."

Smug bitterness swirling in her stomach.

"They bound you to your body."

Finn's eyes went wide.

"The ancestors," She waved a finger, "Heard you chatting shit about jumping to a witch and decided to do something about it."

Volume going up.

"Killing four innocents in the process!"

Glaring at the sky.

"Do you not see your own irony!?"

Por dios.

"This is the stuff you go to The Regent about!" Her gaze returned to the vampires, "They really don't wanna give me five minutes to breathe."

Turning back to the bodies.

"At least the covens can't blame me," She murmured, "They didn't want to admit the ancestors were the enemy, but here we are. Cattle to their power."

"I'm stuck?" Finn found his voice, "In this form?"

"Mhmmmm."

"And you expect me to believe you had no influence?" His rage grew, "These are your witches!"