238: Things We Lost In The Water

- Remember to comment and vote <3

Kol wasn't sure what he was expecting, but he could assume something painful, standing in a blue-tinted tunnel of the New Orleans afterlife. Being choked by twelve witches hadn't surprised him, though it was slightly funny that the first attack he'd received hadn't even been about him. It had been about Davina.

MJ by association, but Davina.

MJ...who'd been yanked up like a doll and dangled in the centre of his ghostly family home, coughing up blood –

"Are you going to say anything?" Astrid prompted.

"Do you want me to?"

"I'd like to watch you die."

"Astrid," Mary-Alice gave her a look.

"Please tell me you don't still think he deserves sympathy?" Astrid's mouth was agape, "Mary – "

"I think he is manipulative," She walked around him, blonde tassels stiff, "Cruel. Undeserving."

Kol clicked his teeth, "Look – "

"Do you know what it was like to watch you use the same words with my descendant?"

Kol winced.

Mary-Alice looked behind her.

Down the route, MJ had disappeared, darkness masking each exit to remind them it was not their world.

"She is beautiful," Her head tilted, "Intelligent."

"Kind," Kol suggested, "You spirits have treated her quite terribly."

"Because you are one to judge?"

"Look," Kol walked to her, "I'm here to help Davina."

Raging eyes on him, "And I just don't believe you."

Silence.

Astrid was walking around them slowly.

"Kol," Mary-Alice's expression hardened, "Give me one reason to let you leave this place."

He bit his cheek.

"To not leave you to rot," Her tone aged, "Punished for your sins."

"Go for it," Kol put his arms out, "Do your worst."

"You're not even going to try and use that silver tongue?"

"Waste your energy on me," He nodded falsely, "When, if you were really concerned about Davina, you would've left with the woman most likely to save her."

Mary's expression shifted.

"Lock me up somewhere so I can experience a second of the insanity you did," He repeated, "Or!"

Pointing up.

"Let me help."

"He lies, Mary," Astrid reminded her, "Think of everything you lost."

"Stay out of it."

"Did you not cost me my life too?"

"You kept coming back," Kol reminded them, "You were both adults. You made your choices – blame me all you wish."

He could've done more to get them out of Dowager.

"But I wasn't wrong."

Astrid was shaking her head.

"The wolves were making the covens worse – at least you tried to change that."

"A trait I wish died with me," Mary muttered, staring down the tunnel path too.