Chapter 8

Clarke's POV

Holding hands, Lexa and I stood in front of the club called the Dropship. The interior looked like a spaceship, with big *windows* from which you could see space, so it was totally to Raven's taste and we had actually always celebrated New Year's Eve here the last few years. A night under the stars before we lit up the sky. So her impossible and cheesy line, but it may be okay with me. 

"Have you been here before?" I tried to break the silence, even though it wasn't uncomfortable. Or maybe I was just trying to calm my nerves, because today was the real trial by fire. No one knew me better than Raven, so she would also be the only one who could see through my little hoax and bust it. I would get to listen to that story for the rest of my life and I really didn't feel like that.

"No, I have many locations and as few customers as possible per city, so almost no one can know me at the individual locations, besides, my usual clientele usually frequents other establishments, so I'm really looking forward to this party." In fact, she seemed a bit excited, her eyes were shining and her cheeks were already a bit flushed. To bite into! But before I could elaborate on the thought, I stopped myself and walked with her past the long line, straight to the entrance. I nodded to the doorman who knew me and let us right in. "Do you come here often?" she asked me, amused.

"Actually, only with Raven, but that's been for a few years now. We're good friends with the manager, Marcus Kane." I shrugged and glanced over to our VIP seat that my best friend always reserved for us and lo and behold, the pack was already there. There were some old familiar faces there, including Raven of course, as well as Echo, Emori, Nyko and Wells. 

Still holding hands Lexa and I went to them where we were greeted happily. A short time later we were chatting about our goals and wishes for the next year and whether or not we had achieved those of the last. The alcohol flowed, how could it be otherwise, in vast quantities. Since Marcus knew our parties, he usually gave us a quantity and family discount. He still made a lot off of us because our group usually got bigger and bigger and we were all pretty hard drinking.

My arm was around Lexa's shoulders, who was talking animatedly with Echo, while I was talking with Nyko, a doctor from my clinic. The mood grew more and more heated until, at some point, we found. Let the party get started. At first I danced with Nyko and Emori until Lexa pulled me to her and we almost rubbed our bodies together while our pelvises kept bumping against each other. Closer and closer she pulled me to her and at one point began kissing along my neck, driving me more and more out of my mind and making my body scream for more. 

"Well guys, once you're done dry humping, it's almost midnight and we'd like to toast." Suddenly Raven had appeared next to us, snapping me out of my bubble and my increasingly dirty thoughts. The blush crept up my face and my throat became drier and drier and while I was embarrassed, Lexa laughed. So I did the only sensible thing and gave her a punch on the shoulder, as I often did when we saw each other, but she ignored it and pulled me to our seat instead. I sat down, expecting her to do the same, but instead of sitting next to me, she sat on my lap. I wrapped my arms around her and held her close. 

"Remember guys, it's good luck to kiss someone at midnight, so grab someone you don't find quite so repulsive and make out all you want." Typical Raven, I thought with a grin and pressed Lexa a little closer to me, so that no one else would get the wrong idea.

Ravens POV

The countdown was counting down and still I didn't see anyone hot enough for him or her to deserve to kiss me. Until it was actually too late for a New Year's kiss.

But then I saw her. High cheekbones, a stare that seemed fierce and determined. Ash blonde hair and did I mention her look that looked like it could kill someone? That was really sexy! So I left my seat, walked over to her, grabbed her and kissed her. For about 3 seconds before she pushed me away and looked at me in amazement. "What are you doing?" she asked me, and this time her death stare was on me.