Chapter 20

Alex slowly wakes to the sun shining in her face. As she opens her eyes, she turns her head to the side to see Kol sitting up against the headboard reading a book. She lazily smiles at him and asks, "What're you reading?"

Kol looks away from his book and smiles down at her before saying, "Ah, good morning, darling. I'm just catching up on some of the history I've missed."

Alex hums in acknowledgement before stretching and flopping back on the bed.

Kol chuckles at this and asks, "So I guess today's going to be a lazy day for you?"

"Yeah, I'll still try to do another spell to find Rebekah. But other than that, I don't feel like doing a lot right now, maybe later." Alex says as she snuggles into Kol's chest, trying to get comfortable. Kol runs his hand through her hair as he continues to read, while Alex slowly falls back asleep; both enjoying the peaceful morning.

After a while, Alex wakes up to her stomach growling. Kol chuckles at this and starts to get up to make her some food since it was well past breakfast. Alex, not wanting to lose her comfortable pillow, tries to pull him back to the bed, "No, stay. I was comfortable."

"Sorry, darling. Let me go make you some food, then we can lay back down."

Alex was about to protest, but her stomach chose that moment to growl and betray her. She sighs and reluctantly lets go of him before saying, "Fine."

Kol chuckles and kisses her forehead before making his way to the kitchen.

Once breakfast is ready, Kol goes back to the room only to see Alex still laying in the bed snuggling his pillow. He smiles and shakes his head before picking her up and carrying her to the kitchen table.

After being seated, Alex giggles and says, "I'm liking this princess treatment today."

"Well, you deserve it darling. Now here you go." Kol says as he places Alex's food in front of her. Alex thanks him as she smiles before eating her food.

When she's done she goes to wash the dishes before turning to Kol, still sitting at the table, and asking, "Hey Kol?"

"Hmm?"

"Have you been feeding yourself properly? I feel like you just focus on me and I don't focus enough on you."

"You don't have to worry darling. I've been getting enough blood."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure darling. Why do you ask?"

"Because I don't think you've ever told me since you've been here that you're going out to feed."

Kol looks away and shrugs before saying, "I do it late at night, while you're still sleeping."

"Why?"

"Because I don't want to bother you with it."

Alex sighs as she walks over to sit by him. She gently takes his hand and rubs it soothingly as she says, "You know I don't care about that stuff Kol, right?" Kol nods his head before Alex continues, "Plus, why don't you just get blood bags?"

"Because I'd have to compel someone at the hospital to get some and since most of this town is drinking vervain..."

"They can't be compelled, gotcha...How about this, you don't have to sneak out at night to feed like some rebellious teenager. You can go whenever, just let me know so I won't be worrying about you." Alex says as caresses his cheek.

Kol smiles at her and kisses her palm before taking her hand and saying, "Okay, darling. Thank you."

"Of course..." Alex says before gently squeezing his hand and saying, "Now come on, I'm still feeling kind of lazy right now."