Chapter 6

The next morning as Alex was making herself breakfast she heard a knock at her door. With a sigh, she went to open the door and saw an unknown man standing there smirking at her.

"Um...who are you?"

"I'm hurt you don't recognize me, love."

"Klaus? Wow, so this is your real body?"

"Yes, what do you think?" He said as he did a spin.

"Still not my type, but better than Alaric's body."

"I'll take that I guess, so are you ready to perform the ritual?"

"Yes Klaus. No need to worry, I have reviewed everything, and I've given Elena an elixir that will allow her to survive the sacrifice. But there is something we need to discuss."

"And what would that be?"

"I want to know why most of your family, except Elijah, are in coffins. And I want to know why you told Elijah that you threw them in the ocean, when they are actually in a warehouse not far from here."

Klaus's amused face fell at the mention of her questions, "So, you've met Elijah huh?"

"Yes, we met briefly. Now answer my questions."

"Why do you want to know so badly?"

"Because I want to help you. When I met Elijah, it seemed as if he had given up on you because you destroyed his chance of being with his family, your family. You guys are family, and family is supposed to be together through thick and thin and have an unbreakable bond. I don't want either of you to lose your family...I know what that's like, I don't want you to have to go through that." She said as she looked at him with tears in her eyes and her voice breaking a little bit.

Klaus didn't want to see her cry so he quickly wrapped his arms around her. He took a deep breath before replying, "I keep them in coffins because of Mikael. He's an immortal hunter that has hunted us for 1000 years. My siblings can be reckless, I don't want Mikael to find them and kill them because of it."

"I understand your reasoning, I don't like it, but I understand it. How about this, if I deal with Mikael, will you promise me that you'll release your siblings?"

"No, Mikael will kill you. I'm not letting you die. Besides...mikaelislockedupinaplacethathecan'tescape." He said, mumbling the last bit.

"What?"

"Mikael is locked up in a place that he can't escape."

"So why do you still keep your siblings in coffins?"

"Because I don't want them to hate me...I've done a lot of wrong to them, if I release them, they may hate me."

"Listen Klaus. Siblings fight all the time, I know I used to fight with my brothers a lot, especially my older brother, Justin. But we always forgave each other, and we loved each other until the end. So they will forgive you, okay? You can't let your fear rule you all the time. It can be exhausting."

"I guess I see what you mean. How about this, I'll release them after the ritual."

"Yes!"

"Your family sounds amazing by the way, I would like to meet them."

"That's not going to happen...because they're dead."

"Oh, I'm sorry-"

"It's okay, it wasn't your fault. No need to apologize. And there is one more thing, you can't harm or kill any of Elena's friends or family. That's the only way to ensure they won't interfere, they need to be alive Klaus, okay?"