Chapter 17

I sat on the bed across from him, he was staring at me. I was trying to just maintain eye contact. It was a lot easier, after the two shots I had. I say shots, but they were just big gulps. I'd estimate I was actually about 3 shots in, at the very least.

"Am I blushing?" I asked, smiling, unable to tell.

He was smiling back and nodded, "Just as bad as always."

I laughed, still looking at him, "That's what it is! I can't tell! I can't feel it."

"Really?" He asked, laughing at me, "You probably just feel warm because of the alcohol right?"

"I think so, yeah," I still hadn't looked away, and the situation became less funny to me. I found myself overly focused on his expression. He was so cute and happy. His lips were always in a smile, even if he wasn't smiling, he still looked happy. I admired the way his lips fell slowly when he noticed me not laughing anymore. Then his tongue made a surprise appearance as he licked his lips and swallowed. Was he nervous?

"What?" He asked, I looked up into his eyes again and smiled.

"Nothing," I grabbed the water bottle and took another gulp. That's three now.

"Don't drink too much. Wait 30 minutes at least," He scolded, grabbing the bottle from me and taking another gulp himself.

"Hey, what about you?" I asked, offended.

"I'm a lot bigger than you, Shortcake," He said smiling and putting the lid on the bottle.

I bit my lip and giggled, "Shortcake?"

He laughed and looked away, "Damn it."

A confused expression took over my face, "What?"

He shook his head still smiling, "Nothing. You're just too cute."

I turned around, trying not to squeal. I wanted to run away, but I also wanted more of that feeling. I pushed my lips together, "More."

"More?" He laughed behind me, "More compliments?"

"No," I laughed and turned back around, "Well yeah, that would do the trick I guess."

"Oh, I think I get it. The butterflies, right?"

My eyes widened, "How do you know?"

"You told me everything," He laughed, lying on the bed, "You told me about how you think I'm super hot. You said that when we make eye contact it makes you melt. You also said that I give you the most insane butterflies by, get this, existing."

I laughed, embarrassed, "This whole time, you knew my deepest secrets?"

"Basically," He said, propping himself on his elbows, "I know things about you that you think you've never said out loud."

I felt my heart drop, "Why is that so ominous and terrifying?"

He laughed, "It's not like that."

I was intrigued, so I leaned forward, "What is it like? I wanna know what you know."

He smirked, sitting up, "I know that when I talk like this," he lowered his voice, making my chest pound. My stomach started turning, "It gives you butterflies."

I pushed my lips together, trying not to smile but failing miserably, "Go on."

He bit his lip and leaned forward. I almost thought he was going in for a kiss or something, but he just got really close to my ear, he pulled my hair to the side and whispered behind my ear, "Sparks on the back of your neck," I swallowed, feeling said sparks as the uncontrollable heat took over, everywhere, "I think that's what you called them," he finished saying as he backed away. I let out the breath I didn't realize I was holding, "I also know that you think peeing in the shower is normal."