Chapter 14

Why is my cheek wet? I opened my eyes, my jaw ached. I picked my head up, opening and closing my mouth. His arm was over my body, my heart sped up. That's when I realized I was lying on his arm, I could still see my drool on it. I widened my eyes and turned around to face him, he was still asleep. I slipped out of the bed as quietly as I could.

That's when Rylee got up, she stood at the foot of the bed, stretching. I watched her with a smile. When she was done, she walked towards me. I pet her graciously, she then jumped off the bed and went to the door. I grabbed a black hoodie from the bags and threw it on. I was sure it was Casanova's because I was practically swimming in it. I slid on my shoes and took her to the same spot she went last time. She did the same exact routine, leading me back to the room. She squeezed through the door herself since I had it resting on the door stop. When I opened the door I saw her jump on the bed, climbing on top of Riley.

I laughed, watching her walk around on him. She went up to his face and licked him. He groaned, throwing his hand at his face. He almost hit her in the process, so I decided to intervene. I picked her up, putting her on the floor. I got some of the food we picked up the day before and put it on the floor for her. I took the water bowl to the bathroom and filled that up too.

I had just put the bowl back down when Casanova woke up enough to say, "Good morning, Cupcake."

Butterflies. I looked at him, he had rolled over. He was halfway off the bed as he looked at me, smiling. I smiled back, his hair was a mess. He had sleep lines all over one side of his face, but my god, he was so adorable. His broad shoulders were exposed, he also had his arm out. I watched as he yawned.

"Morning," I replied, still smiling goofily. I walked over to the bed and sat down, he rolled back over to look at me.

"How'd you sleep?" He asked, fully focused on me and still smiling too. His voice was so deep in the mornings, it made me melt.

I laughed, "Probably better than you."

His eyebrows furrowed, "What do you mean, I slept great."

I laid on my side, propped up on my elbow. I smiled, amused that he's oblivious to me using him as a pillow. "Your arm doesn't hurt?"

He shook his head, "It was asleep for a second but it's fine now. Why?"

I shrugged, "No reason."

He looked at me confused and laughed, "You're so weird." I laughed with him, his laugh was so contagious sometimes. We both got quiet for a minute, I was looking at him. He was looking at me too, so I shamelessly admired him. It was the first time that I knew he was watching me do it. For some reason, I wasn't nervous about it this time. My eyes snapped to his at the sound of his voice, "Looks good on you."

At first I was confused, then I remembered I had his hoodie on from taking the dog out. I looked down at the worn out black hoodie, it was one of those hoodies that's been around and it was all the more comfortable for it. "Oh, yeah. Sorry. I just-"

"You say sorry too much," He interrupted me.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "No I don't."

"Just exist, Cupcake. Stop being sorry," He basically ignored my last comment. I rolled my eyes, sitting up. I grabbed the bottom of the hoodie, pulling it over my head. "What are you doing?"

"Here, I'm not allowed to be sorry so I just won't wear it," I said stubbornly, trying to make sense. He was looking at me, then his eyes wandered down. He smirked as he reached towards me and pulled up my tank top. I looked down to see myself fully covered now, "How bad was it?"