Chapter 2

"You look hot," She said for the fifth time.

"It's too much."

"You look sexy," She continued to reassure me as she sat on the edge of her bed.

I was standing in front of her full length mirror, looking at the outfit she put together. I had on a cropped bandana cami that laced up the back, it was satin burgundy and had a cowl neckline. Faith insisted I wear one of her strapless and backless pushup bras. I had on a pair of her more slutty booty shorts, the denim was light and distressed. I decided to just wear my white, low top converse. She complained I was ruining the outfit, but I wasn't putting on the ridiculous heels she offered me. She had also curled my hair and did, what she considered to be, minimal party makeup. I had on falsies, winged eyeliner, highlight, concealer, and lip gloss. She made me wear a cute silver choker, hoops, bracelets, and an anklet. I also had on a couple rings and some cheap french tip press ons. She insisted on a full makeover.

"I don't look like me," I sighed, stressing out.

"It's not going to feel like you, it's not you," Faith stood up behind me, "But, you do look insanely hot. And it is your birthday month."

"I feel like I'm dressed up for Halloween."

"Perfect! Just pretend it is Halloween," She turned me around, "Just don't think about it too much, here take a shot."

"I don't drink," I looked at her as if she were an idiot.

"You do now. Trust me, it will give you the confidence you need to walk out there. They don't call it liquid courage for nothing," She grabbed a little bottle out of her nightstand and handed it to me.

I examined the clear liquid, "Faith, I don't think this is happening tonight."

"It is. Trust me, I will look out for you all night. You have nothing to worry about, we're in our own house. So, if anything goes wrong I can just lock you in your room."

I took a deep breath before mumbling, "Perfect." I unscrewed the bottle slowly. Being in our own house did make me feel a little better.

"Don't smell it, just knock it back and don't breathe until you've drank as much as you can," She said everything really fast, it was kind of suspicious.

But, I was in a brand new mindset, "You only live once," I said to myself quietly as I took a quick breath before gulping the spicy water. I managed 3 full gulps before I really felt the burn. I immediately stopped, trying to swallow what was left in my mouth before I started coughing.

"Good shit, man," She seemed concerned but didn't say anything further. I shut my eyes tightly after my mouth was empty, trying to recover.

"By the way, Lucas is looking for you."

"What?" Her expression shifted quickly.

"He and his friends came back here, they're on a mission to figure out what you're up to. But, I sent them on a goose chase," I laughed, "I think he'll be busy."

"I hope so. We can't have a bunch of middle schoolers showing up."

"Well technically they're freshmen in a few weeks. So, there's that."

"He would tell our parents," She leaned forward, "Let's go. I told people to be here 20 minutes ago and we've been stuck in here. I don't even hear music."

As we stepped closer to the door, I could make out a loud hum. There was music, it just wasn't super loud. I stood behind Faith as she walked out confidently. She was wearing a tight black dress with complimenting cutouts and mesh. Her black strappy heels set her even higher above me. For her hair, she did a sleek flat ironed look with a middle part on her nearly black hair. She went all out on her makeup, accentuating her big brown eyes. She looked stunning, to say the least.