Twenty-Three

Don't forget to vote and comment
Thank you 💕💕

June 8th, Tuesday 2023
Blue Ivy Knowles
9:00 pm

As I walk onto the stage screams begin to fill the stadium. I smile slightly then I wave at the crowd. I look to my right to see a large sign that says "Go Blue! #IvyLeague" I gasp slightly then I do a little heart gesture before my cue starts.

"Go Blue!" Mom exclaims into the microphone then I begin to dance

After I finish doing the first half of the dance I begin to pose. Once I put up a peace sign the crowd begins to scream loudly making me internally giggle. As I move my head from side to side I feel my ear piece come out and my glasses fly up and land on the top of my head. I begin to internally panic as my mom dances with me. I lean over then I fist bump her before going back to dancing. She smiles at me while walking away once she notices my glasses are on top of my head.

I can barely hear the music right now because the music is only playing in one of my ears but I continue to dance on beat until it's Amari's turn. I subtly fix my ear piece then I fix my glasses. I'm not used to so many people seeing my face at once. I wear sunglasses because I get really nervous in front of big crowds and it's a comfort thing.

"Alls my life I had to fight." I mouth while doing the punching gesture before waving at the crowd as I march down the stairs

We begin to march towards club renaissance. I watch as the people in the crowd scream and wave at me. I wave quickly before I start dancing again. All I can think about is my glasses and my ear piece coming off, I've never had something go wrong when I'm performing so it kinda threw me off but I'm trying to play it off. I feel mom's tank lights shining on me as she sings into the microphone.

"Go figure, me and Megan, fifty 'leven children they like, "Chick, how?" As she sings I notice that she's pointing at me out of my peripheral vision

I do the "how" gesture then I hold hands with Amari and Jonte. I give them a soft smile as we sway side to side.

"Fuck these laid edges I'ma let 'em shrivel up, fuck this fade and waves I'ma let 'em dread all up."

I begin to slouch over and I run my hand through my curls as I hold my sunglasses with my other hand so they don't fall. After a few minutes the song finally comes to a close.

"Black parade."

I hold my fist in the air as I wipe the sweat from my top lip. I finally put my fist down and I wave at the crowd who's screaming my name loudly. I look into the crowd to find my mama, it takes me a second but I finally see her holding up her fist with a proud smile on her face just like before. My grandma stands next to her with an approving look on her face as she holds up her phone to record me.

I slightly turn around and I look at my mom who's staring at me with a wide smile on her face. I give her a slight smile then I divert my attention back to the crowd before doing a little heart with my hands. The crowd screams louder as the camera pans onto me, I smile slightly as I sway side to side taking in all the praise.

"Thank you guys." I mouth to the crowd as I rest my hands over my chest feeling extremely grateful for the love I'm receiving

I smile slightly then I blow them a kiss before putting up two peace signs.