Chapter 49: Mom's home

George's POV

"Yes I do." Clay smiled looking down at me, me pushing him away playfully then plopping myself down on his bed whipping out my phone to check the time. It was 5:24, and I would have to be home around 7. 

"What time is your mom coming back?" Clay asked picking up laundry basket with clean cloths and bringing it over to his bed.

"She told me around 7:30 is when she should get back, so we should probably leave around 7." I said putting in my four number passcode double checking my mothers and I text conversation."If she knew I have been spending the night here and away from the house, she would flip." I laughed.

"Why so? I don't see anything wrong with it. I mean she's been gone for weeks, your house is practically a ghost house. You probably would have gotten lonely." The blond frowned matching a pair of white Nike socks together throwing them in a sock pile.

"Not sure, but my mother has always been somewhat of a control freak." I shrug. "I've gotten used to it, it doesn't bother me anymore." 

"Didn't you tell her about you and Lindsey?" He paused. "Like when you two where together?"

"Yeah and she was happy about it, I'm not sure how i'll bring up the fact that Lindsey and I broke up." I looked around the room letting out a sigh thinking about what she said she'd do if I were to ever date Clay. "Good, if I come home and you two are making out on the couch, I will kick you out for good this time and I'll make sure he switches schools." I frowned thinking about my mother's harsh words. I know I wouldn't have to worry about Clay switching schools; Jamie's parents were nowhere near as wealthy as Clay and I's, so my mother could easily get him out of the picture. My mother knows how wealthy Clays family is, part of me thinks she said that just to scare me off and unfortunately at first it worked.

The me getting kicked out is something I don't know if she would actually follow through with. I gulp thinking about the thought of getting kicked out "Would she really do that to her own son?"

My thoughts were interrupted by Clay throwing a Black t-shirt at me. To be more specific, at my face.

"Clay," I laugh moving the t-shirt. "What was that for?"  

"To get your attention, you were spacing out. You ok?" He asked continuing to fold clothes.

"Yeah just thinking," I sigh taking a look at the shirt in front of me. It was one of mine. "You washed my shirt?" 

"Yeah, well  I didn't, the maids did. Along with your other used clothes." I nodded my head folding the shirt and bringing my bag over to the bed placing it in my bag along with my other clothes once Clay gave them to me.

Once Clay finished folding and putting away his clothes he sat down next to me, me resting my head on his shoulder whilst scrolling through X and Tiktok.

We stayed like that for the rest of the evening till Clay had to take me back at 7. I said goodbye to Patches with lots of pets and a kiss on the head and I also said goodbye and thank you to Pam and the chefs for providing me food for the last couple of days.

Once in the Car, Clay hooked his phone up to the cars Bluetooth and shuffled songs from a popular band he'd been into recently called Cigarettes After Sex

One song in particular I've noticed he likes from them is "K.". The bands songs go perfectly with the viby of Clays newly decorated room. The music adds the perfect touch making his room an even more enjoyable place to be in.