I will protect you { Chapter 5 }

A chilling moment that will forever be etched into memory, Callum froze while his gaze fell upon a heart-wrenching scene. Time seemed to slow down for Callum when he witnessed an unexpected, violent encounter unfold before his eyes.

A sharp gasp escaped the lips of the crowd simultaneously watching the horrifying scene as the glint of glass flashed in the air, followed by a gut-wrenching thud as soon as the sharp piece of wine glass found its mark.

The victim's eyes widened with shock and pain, her breath catching in a mix of disbelief and agony. The piece of glass pierced through her once delicate skin. Cutting through as it slides down with force.

The surrounding sounds faded into an eerie silence for Callum, replaced by the rush of adrenaline coursing through his veins when he witnessed the harrowing scene through his bleary eyes.

The line of blood oozed out of the deep cut, sliding from her arm and splattering onto her alluring white gown that he had lovingly bought as a gift for her. As he watched the vibrant red stain mar the pristine fabric, he couldn't help but reflect on how he had never imagined this beautiful dress would ever be tainted by her blood, a stark and horrifying contrast to his heartfelt intentions.

Drop by drop, blood trickled from her delicate arm. Serena endured excruciating pain, yet her sole concern was ensuring the man she loved remained unharmed in her presence.

The pain she would have to endure of watching the love of her life being hurt was the worst pain her delicate heart could ever hold.

Despite Serena's fear of sharp objects and her aversion to violence, she didn't hesitate to shield him from harm. Her love for him was so profound that she acted selflessly, without expecting reciprocation or redamancy in return.

With furrowed brows and a heart heavy with empathy, concern etched across Serena's features as her gazed met Callum in distress. The lines of worry on his forehead mirrored the depth of his compassion, when their thoughts raced to understand and alleviate the pain of each other.

Was he truly concerned for her wellbeing ? It was obvious in his pretty face. His face was the mirror to his feeling towards me. Serena thought while a weak smile spread across her pale face that manifested the pain she was enduring.

Their own worries momentarily took a backseat as their focus shifted intently on the well-being of the person in question. A mixture of empathy and a desire to provide solace emanated from Callum, his actions and words driven by an innate need to offer support to Serena.

He immediately pulled her into his arms, closer to his protective embrace, away from the danger that lured around her. Callum felt that Serena would be safe in his arms. He will be able to protect her if he kept her close by.

But unfortunately he failed to protect the only thing that was unknowingly important to him. His pretty eyes glistened with unshed tears.

As soon as Serena fell onto Callum's protective embrace, a cool wave of comfort washed over her. Like a cold gush of wind in the hot summer day.

She gladly took sanctuary in the welcoming arms of the man she loves so heartedly, his warm embrace offering respite from the intense pain and sorrows she was feeling in that moment.

In that moment, all the pain she was enduring made it all worth it. Serena felt an overwhelming gratitude for having him in her life, a love so deep that she cherished him more than she did herself, willing to endure any agony to ensure his safety.

Serena gaped up at the man who brought her nothing more than happiness and ease, a weak smile elicited her pale lips but soon faded, replaced by surprised look when she saw tears welling up in his eyes. The tears she had never seen.