Serena's undeniable love { Chapter 1 }

{A year ago}

♪A thousand years - Christina Perri♪

"A young pretty girl hummed a cherry tune to her favourite song playing on the radio while removing the tray of chocolate chip cookies out of the oven. The scent of sweet chocolate chip cookies wafting around made her want to take a bite but she managed to subdued the instinct to take a bite from it."

"She then lifted the still warm cookies off the baking sheet on the tray and placed them onto the cooling rack very gently afraid of crumbling them."

"While the nicely golden brown cookies were cooling down on the rack, in the meantime she prepared breakfast for her parents. The cookies were cooled down a little until the simple breakfast, scrambled eggs with turkey bacon and french toast was prepared."

"She then picked up a cookie and took a bite from it to taste it with expected enthusiasm. 'They must taste the best.' She mumbled to herself while bitting into the cookie."

"She carefully chewed onto the soft yet crispy cookies and hoped the cookies were made just as she expected them to be, 'Less sweet just like he likes it' she smiled proudly at her success of adding the right amount of sugar in it."

"Feeling satisfied with the perfectly baked cookies. She began filling the cookies in the box until she had to stop when she got distracted by the figure that entered the kitchen."

Baking cookies for young master, darling ? "Her mother walked into the kitchen wearing a pleasant smile on her pretty face that had very close resemblance to Serena."

"Emma's smile grew wider when she looked down at the opened box filled with tempting golden brown cookies sitting in front of Serena."

You love him don't you? "Emma smiled knowingly, her eyes gleamed with tenderness when she looked at her daughter. It is said that nobody understands you better than your mother. It is indeed true, Emma has seen how her daughter Serena does every little things that young master loves just to see the smile on his face. Just to be the reason why he is happy."

"Serena nodded at her mother and ducked her head, smiling shyly. The smile on her face began to fade and turn saturnine when she realized her feelings for young master and how he possibly has no idea that she has feelings for him."

"Callum is someone who would never even think of falling in love' She reminded herself. Her face that was glowing with happiness turned gloomy when she thought of all the reasons why they are not meant to be together."

"Since callum's father passed away when callum was only 11 years old. He was brought up by his austere grand father. His grand father was a workaholic and he enforced the same mindset to his only Grandson."

"Having a wife and kids can be a distraction and expensive.' Said Callum's grand father."

"Callum have always been the smart and good looking young lad who eschewed the ordinary things anyone at his age would do, preffering to work on pursuing his grand father's dream of him taking over his company as soon as he turns 21"

"Serena still hoped to make callum fall in love with her but when the time is right. In the meantime, she wants to support his and old master crawford's dream of making callum a capable person who could take over the huge empire that has been passed on for generations by his grand father and his late father but Serena can't accept the fact that she most likely doesn't stand a chance because they were not of same status."