16. blood bonding

Start bij het begin

You didn't really get what she was saying. Frowning, you rubbed at your neck. It was a bit sore, but the bite mark was nothing major, so you were confident you'd heal up in no time.

Suddenly, smoke erupted from Toga's body, and you coughed while trying to expel it from your mouth and nose.

When the smoke cleared, you found yourself staring at a carbon copy of yourself.

"Isn't it neat?" Toga said, except she was speaking with your voice, so the whole thing was kind of freaky. "When I drink someone's blood, it lets me turn into that person. I can turn into the people I love! Being able to do this makes me so happy."

You blinked. "Wow. You look just like me." A bit hesitantly, you reached out to poke her on the cheek. "Even your skin feels just like mine! It's like you've replicated me perfectly."

"Do you like it?" Toga asked. Since it was your voice, you could recognize the hopefulness in her tone.

"It's super cool," you encouraged. "There really are all kinds of Quirks out there. How long can you be transformed like this? There's got to be a limit, right?"

"The more blood I drink, the longer I can stay this way. I didn't take too much, so I won't be able to maintain my transformation for very long." Without warning, she wrapped her arms around you and giggled once more. "I'm so happy right now! I can't believe I made a cute friend like you. Hey, are we besties now? We are, aren't we?"

You chuckled and patted her back. "This is so funny. It's like I'm hugging myself. Sure thing. We've only just met, but we've got a lot in common, so I can see us becoming close friends."

Toga squeezed you even tighter, then abruptly pulled away. This time, it looked like some sort of goo had begun to drip from her body. More and more of it fell off, revealing her true body underneath. Just like that, she was back to normal.

Except she was naked now.

"Oops," she said sheepishly, blushing a bit. "This always happens when I undo my transformation."

You averted your gaze as best you could, pulling off your blazer in one fluid motion. "Wear this," you said. "If you knew you would end up naked once you turned back, you shouldn't have transformed. I'm worried people might see you."

"But I wanted to show you how my Quirk works," she insisted. She slipped into your blazer and closed the buttons, letting out a soft sigh. "It smells like you, [Name]. I like it a lot."

"Well, that's very flattering, but I'm really worried that someone will spot you while you're still so exposed," you frowned. "You're not even wearing pants."

Toga just kept on grinning. "Don't worry. I'm good at sneaking around. I'm confident I can get by undetected. More importantly, you let me suck your blood, so did you want to do the same to me?"

You couldn't help the look of surprise that crept onto your expression. It was the first time someone had actually offered to let you drink their blood. Even back when you'd met Izuku, you had to ask him first and fill him in on your situation. But Toga seemed positively delighted by the idea of letting you have some. You supposed it kind of made sense, considering her overall fascination with blood.

"Are you sure?" you felt the need to affirm.

Toga nodded enthusiastically. "Yeah! I did it to you, so you can do it to me! Helping each other out is what best friends do!"

"Well, alright then. Thank you for this," you smiled.

It was a good opportunity, since it meant you wouldn't have to bother Izuku for a while longer. Even though his blood was your absolute favorite, he was really important to you. The more time he had to recover in between having his blood drained, the better.