Unwelcome Guest

The chapter begins with Oscar walking through the now dimly lit hallway that he was just in. He could see a little better now and notices the corpse of a German officer in a corner.

"Oh man, those things must've got to them." He said to himself as he continues through the hallways. "How am I gonna get outta here?"

"I have no idea but you better figure it out fast before those things come back." Qrow suggested.

Tai sighed. "He must be feeling a lot of stress from all of this."

Soon, Oscar ended up in the room he was in earlier. He sees a flickering light across the room and finds it to be an old film projector that had turned on when the power came on. He curiously looks at the black-and-white silent video being played. It shows the El Dorado statue and then suddenly a figure appears before it. It's a man with sharp teeth and black eyes and thrashing his arms around just like the creatures but he's also wearing a German uniform.

"Oh my goodness." Summer said, surprised.

"What happened to him??" Winter asked, shocked. "Did he become infected?? How??"

Oscar stares at the footage in confusion. Then he looks at the table the projector is on and sees a photograph of the statue with the man in the uniform, looking normal, and Francis Drake's corpse in front of it. He also sees an old paper with fancy English writing in it. He picks it up and reads from it.

"My end is near. The devils hunt for me in the darkness. The gold of El Dorado bears a terrible curse. The Spaniards have unleashed hell, and become as demons." 

"W-what??" Ruby stuttered in shock.

"Curse??" Oscar repeated, concerned.

"What does that mean?" Emerald questioned.

"It means that El Dorado was the cause of turning the people into those things that you all saw." Theo explained.

"You mean those bloody freaks that killed me??" Tock asked, still angered by her character's death.

"Yes. And it gets worse." Lucy said, nodding.

"How worse??" Ozpin asked, concern and confused.

"Tyrian is well aware of the curse but not Watts." Andy said.

"Say what?!" Yang shouted in disbelief.

"You mean to tell me that idiot knows EXACTLY how dangerous that statue is but didn't say anything?!" Nora yelled, furious.

Theo nodded. "Yes."

"But how??" Weiss questioned, worried. "It's just a statue. Don't tell me that you turn into one of those... things by touching it."

"No." Lucy replied, shaking her head. "It's better that you find out later, since we're almost done."

Sienna raised a brow. "How many chapters are there left."

"Three." Andy said, holding three fingers.

Ilia sighed. "Then let's not waste anymore time then."

Oscar takes a quick look at the man in the video and back to the paper. "My men have all been murdered, leaving the task to me alone. No ship will depart this island. I destroyed them all, and drowned the cursed city. A thing of such great evil must never leave these shores. In my final hour, I commend my soul to God. May He have mercy on this unholy place. Francis Drake."

"My god." Oscar said, shocked as he now understands why the colony was lost to history. He looks back at the video, realizing that he's the only one who knows the truth.

"So... Francis Drake didn't die for nothing." Pyrrha realised. "He was trying to STOP the statue from leaving the island

"He didn't want it to destroy any more souls." Jaune whispered in shock. "Whether they were good or bad."

"He didn't want the world to be plunged into chaos." Ren said, having flashbacks of his childhood. Nora looks at him and holds his hand.

Oscar turns the projector off and prepares to leave until he hears growling noises. "Oh, no, not again!"

Velvet frowned. "These things have a habit of killing the mood."

Coco sighed. "These things were once human... but now look at them."

"They didn't deserve this." Penny said, feeling sorry for the Spaniards.

"At least Oscar is setting them free from the cure." Ciel assured.

Another group of creatures enter the room from the door and the holes in the walls. Oscar begins fighting them again but this time, he knows who they are. "So you freaks are the Spaniards, huh? Well, how does it feel to play with power beyond your control?!"

Oscar clears the room of them and finds a closed hatch door. He opens it and runs down another hallway to a room with sunlight coming in. He sees it's another control room overlooking the port. He also sees the other room he was in earlier on the other side but Ruby was nowhere to be seen.

"Where's Ruby?" Yang asked, worried.

"The Spaniards didn't get her, right?" Blake questioned, worried.

Oscar looks over and sees another horrible sight. Watts, Tyrian and their men had found their way in the bunker and appeared before him in the other room. If that wasn't bad enough, Tyrian was holding Ruby by her arm.

Weiss scowled. "Worse."

"Oh, shit..." Oscar cursed, horrified.

Watts goes up to the control panel and turns on a microphone, speaking to Oscar. "Can you hear me in there?"

"Loud and clear, jackass." Oscar mumbled to himself, glare daggers at him.

"Oh, no microphone on your end? What a shame. We'd like to know what you have to say right now." Watts taunted.

"And I would like for you to be at the bottom of the river." Yang snarled.

"I just wanted to uh, thank you for leading us to El Dorado." Watts said as he holds up the drawing of the treasure's location.

Oscar sighs, disappointed in himself. "Of course."

"Don't blame yourself, Oscar." Glynda said, softly.

"Oh, I hope you don't mind if we borrow Miss Rose a little while longer." Watts mocked, glancing at the slightly scared Ruby. "Just to discourage you and your partner from trying anything creative. So long, Drake. It's been fun."

Watts and his men walk away, with Tyrian smiling and giving Oscar a salute.

"Yeah, keep smiling, asshole." Oscar hissed. "I'll see you soon."

'I promise, Ruby, I'm gonna get you out of this. No matter the cost.' Oscar thought to himself with determination.

When they're gone, he groans in frustration and hears voices coming from another exit.

"After him! Take him out!" It was one of the mercenaries.

"Oh, hell... that can't be good." Oscar groans.

Oscar moves out of the room and encounters mercenaries fighting more cursed Spaniards. He takes advantage of the situation and lets the two groups of enemies deal with each other. He continues to run along the side of the port only shooting at any foes that come his way. Eventually, he enters a small room and finds a long ladder that goes back up to the surface. He starts to climb it, leaving the bunker.

End of chapter