The Heart of the Vault

The chapter begins with Oscar and Ruby in a big circular room, there are several big holes dug into the ground along the sides. Other than that, it's pretty much empty.

"There's nothing here." Ruby points out.

"This is getting so old." Oscar groaned in disappointment. He looks around and spots a corpse lying down on the side of the room. He walks over to it curiously.

"Oscar...?" Ruby questioned him.

Oscar kneels down for a closer look and sees it wearing a fancy looking English captain uniform and holding a sword in its hand. He knows who it is and is stunned and saddened by it.

"You okay, Oscar??" Summer asked, confused and concerned.

"Is he alright??" Tai questioned.

"It's him... It's Francis Drake." Oscar revealed. 

Ruby gasped in shock. "You when the your..."

"...ancestor." Oscar finished as he was just as shock as she was.

"Holy grim." Jaune muttered, holding his breath slightly, stunned. 

"I'm so sorry, Oscar." Weiss said, feeling sorry for the farm boy.

"He never found it. He just... died here." Oscar explained with disappointment. He removes the ring from his neck. "So much for 'greatness.' Wasted his life... for nothing." He drops the ring on Drake's corpse. Suddenly, Ruby hears more gunfire outside and walks up to Oscar putting her hand on his shoulder.

Glynda heard it too and frowned. "No time to mourn, you two need to leave."

"Oscar, are you ready to get moving?" Ruby asked, signaling that they had to go.

"Yeah..." Oscar said, standing back up. "More than ever."

"There's gotta be a way outta here." Ruby said, looking around.

"You better hurry before Tock and her men show up." Maria warned.

Oscar looks up and spots some kind of crane high above them. He points up. "It looks like there's some kind of machinery up there."

"Hey, there's a ladder. Here, I think I can reach it if you give me a boost." Ruby said.

Oscar nodded and stood under the ladder, kneeling down. "All right, climb on." He grunted as Ruby steps on his back and onto his shoulders. "Oh, you're heavier than you look." 

Ruby's eyes turned dark red and there was a sinister aura around here. "What was that?" She hissed lowly, causing everyone, who was near here back away slowly.

Oscar inwardly wishes he was sitting somewhere else as Ruby gives him dangerously glare. 'And I thought the Grim was bad.'

"Can you reach it?" Oscar asked Ruby

She leaps up and grabs onto the ladder. "I got it." She ascends the ladder and looks at the crane. "Looks like an old hoist or something. There's a rope. I'll try to lower it down to you! Oh, I see a tunnel. We can get out this way!"

Oscar starts to wait for her to lower the rope when suddenly he hears an explosion and turns around drawing his gun. Tock and a pirate with a shotgun run in and face the entrance.

"Hello there." Oscar got their attention, causing them to draw their guns at him with terrified looks on their faces. "Easy, Tock. Easy."

Mercury raised a brow in confusion at Tock's scared face. "What's wrong with her??"