Chapter 4

"-sie... Lassie. Lassie!" A stern voice and shaking hands brought Raewyn out of the land of faraway dreams and wonderful visions.

She opened her eyes and looked upon the brute that woke her up from a wonderful dream of hunting a rabbit, it was Bofur and his funny hat. Her eyes focused upon the dwarf and she huffed in annoyance at being woken up but asked in a relatively polite voice, "How may I be of service, Master Bofur?"

The comedic dwarf laughed while dipping his arms underneath her arms and hoisting her onto her feet, "Oh! There's no need for that "Master" business, just call me Bofur, lassie." He finished with a blinding smile, looking up at the woman who got her feet under her at last. His smile turned mischievous, "Unless you're into it" He finished with a wink.

Raewynn's jaw dropped a little at the blunt dwarf's statement, but she quickly gathered her act and batted the dwarf's hat off with a smirk and an upturned eyebrow. Bofur gave a loud stomach laugh before bending down to pick up his hat and putting it in its rightful place.

Raewynn took a look at her surroundings, noting the lack of being inside a Hobbit hearth anymore, but rather She seemed to have fallen asleep against the gate of the hobbit's home. A jolt of pain hit her head and some memories came back to her, mainly Bilbo passing out cold and flopping to the ground. After that nothing much came to mind, why do I drink wine when I know I'll wake up like this, she wined to herself. She looked around, noting the dwarves moving around in a flurry, fussing over which ways to tack up a pony and what they should carry.

She laughed quietly before bringing her hand to her lips and letting out a sharp, loud whistle. The bustle around her came to a stop as they all looked at the lass in confusion and others in annoyance, Dwalin spoke up, "Did you just whistle to us like a mangy mutt?!" He demanded harshly, reaching for the axe on his back.

Raewynn rolled her eyes at the antics of the warrior, but before she could reply a whinny beat her to it. The others turned around at the sound and watched as a majestic horse galloped toward their party. The horse did not slow down in his mission to reach his mistress, uncaring if he were to trample a couple of souls that day. The dwarves jumped out of the way and scattered from the horse's path before the beast could run them over, a couple of them hit the ground with a thud and a wheeze.

 The dwarves jumped out of the way and scattered from the horse's path before the beast could run them over, a couple of them hit the ground with a thud and a wheeze

To say the least, Raewynn thoroughly enjoyed the sight before she turned to greet her friend, "Good boy." She whispered cheekily to her four legged friend, even slipping him a sugar cube as a reward.

The horse snorted and bobbed his head enthusiastically before moving forward to nudge his mistress's hand happily. Little did they know that the ponies around them, the very ones the dwarves were tacking up, abandoned their post and trotted up to the Mearas, knowing their superior had arrived. The dwarves shouted dumbfoundedly after their steeds, several being pulled along to the majestic horse. Balin was very quick to pop up beside Raewynn.