19 | Confession

━━━━ ━━━━ ━━━━ ━━━━ ━━━━ ━━━━

⌗ confession 𓂃
❪ date:  07.09.23 

━━━━ ━━━━ ━━━━ ━━━━ ━━━━ ━━━━

You walked into the school building, looking at everything for one last time.

One last time before you left this town.

"Y/n," you felt someone Su-ji touch your shoulder, looking at you sadly. She then whispered, "Today's your last day."

You smiled sadly.

"This day had to be someday, and it just happened to be today. This was predestined... so I don't mind," you tried to shrug it off, but Su-ji knew you felt worse than she did.

Don't mind? In the last 4 days, you'd drowned yourself in your own tears.

"I'm so grateful to have you as a friend of mine, Y/n. You mean so much to me. I can't describe in words how sad I was when I heard that you were leaving. But let's make sure to contact each other frequently, and talk on the phone for hours. Right?" she said with teary eyes.

"Same here, Su-ji. And I promise, I'll talk to you for hours on the phone, even if I'm wasting hours when I could study," you smiled and pulled her into a hug.

━━━━

You felt like the time had slowed down. Even an hour felt like an eternity as if even time had slowed down so that you could enjoy your last day, but your sadness happened to take over you all the time so you couldn't enjoy it.

The last period for the day was over. 

You walked out of the building, gathering all the courage to confess to him.

Yes.

After hours of contemplating, you'd finally decided to confess to him but you didn't know how to do that. You didn't know what to say, what to do, and where to do this, so you just ended up writing a letter but this time–not anonymously.

But how were you supposed to give him the letter? 

There was no time.

It was now, or never.

So your final decision was to hand it over to him and run away like you'd tried to run away from the feelings you had for him in the past four days.

;

Kim Taehyung,

         I know this sounds very awkward and this might puzzle you as well, but since today is the last day I'll see you, I have to stick to this awkwardness, and I hope you do too.
        You know, from the day I saw you, I admired you. You're such a fun-loving person, beautiful inside and out, and this might be unexpected but hey, I love you. Not just for the reasons I mentioned but countless other reasons.

        Since this is the last day I'm seeing you, I wish that for the rest of your life, you're happy. Do what you love, and enjoy every moment as much as you can. 

With Love, 
       Jung Y/n.

;

You secretly watched Taehyung read your letter. After reading it, he leaned his back against the tree and watched the sky turning grey. 

You knew that he least cared, but it still made you feel like shit.

A raindrop from the sky fell on you when you were in your hiding position.

You looked up at the sky with teary eyes, pondering why it was raining because the winter season had just begun.

It didn't take long for it to start raining heavily.

With a heavy heart, you decided to go back home teary-eyed while you couldn't help but think, 'I was just a whisper in your mind all the time, but even after knowing that, you were still that piercing scream in my mind, as you had been like ever before.'

━━━━ ━━━━ ━━━━ ━━━━ ━━━━ ━━━━

⌗ the end 𓂃 ꒱❪   word count    : 630  

━━━━ ━━━━ ━━━━ ━━━━ ━━━━ ━━━━