She was well aware that her behaviour was childish, and at this point, she didn't care. Jess Mariano was in her room, rummaging through her things—figuratively, of course, however the idea of him being in her room and surveying her furniture at all still angered Maeve greatly—, and essentially learning all there was to learn about the girl through her interests.

When she found Jess slowly scanning her large timber bookshelf that previously belonged to her grandfather, intent eyes gradually sliding between each book that was neatly positioned beside one another, Maeve raised her eyebrows, arms crossing over her chest defensively. "It's not a museum."

At the curt interruption, Jess' head turned to face her, examining eyes then wandering around the rest of her sizeable room to land on her extensive vinyl and CD collections behind her, a record player propped beside them on a separate desk.

Maeve casted her attention to the collections as Jess approached them, taking a moment to flip through the vinyls and CD's, most of which he really liked. If he was stunned in the slightest, he certainly concealed it well.

Jess' eyebrows creased inwards at the surprising arrangement and he spoke up, the boy still flipping through the vast collections as he didn't expect to actually agree with the quality of her music taste. "Why are these arranged by name?"

Maeve just offhandedly scoffed. "Well, I'm not going to arrange them by genre, that's stupid."

This response seemed to prompt a mix of confusion and minor offence from the boy, and he turned his head to look at her, frown deepening at the flippant words.

At the look, Maeve's contradictory expression faded into one of realisation. "You arrange them by genre, don't you?"

Jess had fully turned to face her now. "What's wrong with arranging them by genre?"

"You're insane." Maeve shook her head disapprovingly. "I'm being serious, by the way, you're nuts."

Jess mockingly put a hand to his chest as he began to make his way to her door. "My fragile heart."

Maeve scoffed. "You'll live."

Before Jess could leave her room, Maeve assumed he had suddenly remembered something, as he pulled a mixtape out of his jacket pocket.

Maeve's eyebrows quirked up as her eyes flickered down to his hand. "A mixtape?"

"Yeah, you clearly need more of a variety." Jess shrugged, throwing the tape so it landed on her bed.

"I thought the mixtape thing was a one and done." Maeve's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, not expecting the action at all. "Just to prove that I have taste. Which, I clearly do."

Ignoring Maeve's blind confidence, Jess just gestured to his mixtape with a nod of his head. "Listen to that and let me know if you still like Spiderbait."

Maeve couldn't prevent the visible shock that appeared on her face at the words. She did not expect him to actually listen to it, let alone all the way through. Maeve couldn't even register that he had clearly insulted her music taste—what else was new?—and all she could focus on was her own surprise. The following words slipped past her lips before she could stop them from doing so. "You actually listened to it?"