CHAPTER FIVE

DISCO NIGHTS !
CHAPTER FIVE
MIXTAPES AND MEDLEYS

DISCO NIGHTS !CHAPTER FIVEMIXTAPES AND MEDLEYS

________________

________________

"THE CURE IS so much better than The Shaggs, are you kidding me?!" Maeve widened her eyes in disbelief at Jess' previous assertions. "They suck!"

The pair had been bickering over music for a good half hour, and the whole debacle had started when Maeve finally convinced Luke—after three long months of pleading—, to allow her to play one of her mixtapes on the diner's radio. Their deal was that the music could only play for one hour, maximum, and the minute the hour was up, Maeve had to turn it off.

She agreed with no complaints.

"The Cure is cool, but The Shaggs are so much better." Jess defensively scoffed in response, gesturing to the girl as he continued in a sharp tone. "You can't talk, you've got the worst music taste. Most of those stupid songs are ABBA or Fleetwood Mac, you've got, like, five mediocre ones in there, at best."

Maeve narrowed her eyes at the boy. "Okay, first of all, I made this mixtape specifically for the diner, which means that the music has to be for everybody-"

"I specifically said a minimum of five songs from those weird and immature rock bands you kids like listenin' to." Luke cut in as he called out from the opposite side of the diner in Maeve's defence. "For a reason I will never understand..."

"Thank you, Luke...sort of." Maeve slightly furrowed her eyebrows at the backhanded insult before regaining her composure to continue defending herself. "And secondly, they truly are great classics!"

"They are true classics sung by the greats." Kirk chimed in in agreement from his seat, rearranging Maeve's words unintentionally.

"That's funny, Kirk." Lorelai smiled at the man and let out a giggle in appreciation of the words from her position sitting beside Luke at another table.