CHAPTER SIX

DISCO NIGHTS !
CHAPTER SIX
SO IT BEGINS

DISCO NIGHTS !CHAPTER SIXSO IT BEGINS

________________

________________

MAEVE WALKED PAST Jess in the diner, handing customers their plates of food as she walked past him again, smirking a little as she decided to make a snarky comment on the way. "I'm guessing the dollar store had some spare police tape and just enough chalk for an outline of a dead guy."

Jess smirked at the recognition his prank was getting, and he briefly glanced at Maeve before continuing to pour a customer some coffee. "No idea what you're talking about."

"Nice try, but it's quite obvious you're the culprit of the Taylor thing, yesterday." Maeve's eyebrows knowingly quirked upwards as she grabbed two more plates from Caesar and made her way to another table.

Jess furrowed his eyebrows as he pretended to be in deep thought for a few seconds before answering, still playing dumb as he approached the counter, placing the coffee pot back in its place as he did so. "Oh, you mean that murder."

Maeve stopped at the counter as she waited for Caesar to hand her more plates of food, the girl narrowing her eyes at Jess and not buying his faux-cluelessness whatsoever. "You probably thought that was hilarious, right?"

"Did you?" The amusement was still evident in Jess' face as he raised his eyebrows and comfortably crossed his arms over his chest, leaning against the back counter as he did so.

"Did I what?" Maeve's eyebrows creased inwards, confusion faltering her, previously self-assured, exterior.

"Think it was hilarious?" A small smirk just barely returned to Jess' taunting face, and the slightest hint of humour glossed over his eyes as he essentially confirmed her theory. "Admit it, it was funny."

Maeve's eyebrows quirked upwards, and she had to suddenly fight the immense urge to allow, even a small, smile to tug at the corners of her lips as she rolled them inwards and turned around to grab two more plates from Caesar, walking over to another table as she refused to look at Jess in anticipation of a laugh involuntarily slipping past her lips.