CHAPTER THIRTEEN

DISCO NIGHTS !
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
BID ON A BASKET, TAKE A NUMBER, ET CETERA

DISCO NIGHTS !CHAPTER THIRTEENBID ON A BASKET, TAKE A NUMBER, ET CETERA

________________

DELANEY GRINNED AS Maeve finished overviewing the contents of her basket for the Bid On A Basket fundraiser that was happening in the centre of town the following day. "He'll love it."

"I hope so." Maeve smiled at Delaney before glancing back down at the carefully curated basket from Doose's market, the two waiting in line to pay for it. "Y'know, it's pretty great that we like the same foods. If he was a picky eater, I'd probably lose my mind."

"Everything about him is 'pretty great' when you're in love." Delaney over-exaggeratedly cooed, purposely teasing her best friend with a wide grin. "That, and Margie's making her famous peach and apple crumble pie, which is the best food creation to ever exist, by the way. It's impossible not to like it."

Maeve immediately understood the subtle hint, and her smile grew at the words. "I'll save you a slice."

Delaney beamed as she wrapped her arms around Maeve's waist in a tight hug. "You are my favourite person!"

"You remind me every day." Maeve laughed at the action as she hugged her back with one arm, the other occupied by the basket she was about to purchase, for a moment before Delaney pulled away a few seconds later.

"Jess." Dean's disgruntled voice caught the girls' attention, and both of them had now turned to face the direction of where the controversy was coming from.

Both Maeve and Delaney's eyebrows raised in entertainment as they were met with the sight of Rory and Dean in the corner of the store, the couple now turned to face a smug Jess—nothing new—, who was comfortably leaning against the aisle a few metres away from them.

"Sorry to intrude." Jess deadpanned, the boy clearly not apologetic, whatsoever, as he slightly narrowed his eyes at Dean.

"Then why did you?" Dean glared at Jess with a heightened sense of both irritation and infuriation, the boy moving to stand slightly more in front of Rory than he already was, in an obviously defensive manner.

"Well, you were having your vertical 'From Here to Eternity' moment right in front of the super glue." Jess pointed at the super glue that was neatly positioned on the shelf behind Dean, squinting for added effect as he did so.

"Of course he wants super glue." Delaney scoffed quietly.

"Oh..." Rory muttered at Jess' explanation, sending him a regretful, tight-lipped smile from her position as Dean turned around to grab a packet.