Chapter 18

Link's POV

Lily was recovering well but still wouldn't be able to go back to her job for a couple of months, I could tell she was bored.

"Link," she asked.

"Yes baby," I replied.

"How would you feel about me enrolling in a college course," she asked tentatively. I could tell she was nervous about my response.

"You can do whatever you want," I replied, "What type of course?"

"Teaching," she quietly replied. Teaching. I was a bit confused did she not want to work in childcare anymore.

"Why?" I asked confused.

"I don't want to be a day-care worker anymore, if this last year has taught me anything it's to not let fear hold you back," she ranted.

"If this is what you want of course I will support you," I replied stroking her hand, "but what's your plan."

"Start my degree now, I have three months until I can go back to work," she started, "then I'll work full time and study full time for the remainder of the degree."

"In understand that but don't you think you are taking on a huge amount of work," I argued, "I mean you were just in hospital for overworking yourself."

She looked at me angrily, "I can't believe you just brought that up," she said angrily.

"I just don't understand why you are trying to over work yourself," I tried reasoning.

"You just don't get it," she yelled, "I get paid a barley liveable wage to watch important doctors' children, I never wanted that. I always wanted to be a teacher – uh." She stormed off leaving the house.

Author Notes:

Update next week! What is the most iconic Greys Anatomy scene?