Chapter 12

Link's POV

I sat for what felt like hours, hoping, waiting for some good news.

"Dr Lincoln," Levi said,

"Yes," I replied,

"We have rushed Miss Clementine to the OR," he started, "She has an aneurysm and a few fractures in her hip and ribs, I will update you as much as I can."

"Thanks Schmidt," I said, "Do you know what caused her to collapse?"

"Tests done showed low blood sugar levels and anaemia," he paused, "there could be a possibility of an eating disorder, we will need a psych consult once she has recovered a bit."

"Okay, we will deal with that as it comes," I said.

A broken hip that was very serious and now a potential eating disorder. Had I not been paying attention. My poor baby was clearly suffering, and I hadn't noticed. I would do everything necessary to help her.

"Hey," Jo said rushing in with Luna in tow, "I'm so sorry I had to get Luna ready and drive across traffic."

"It's okay," I said tears in my eyes, I couldn't deal with this.

"What's the prognosis," she asked. I told her everything, I started to ugly cry.

"Shsh," Jo comforted wrapping her arms around me, "she strong, you two will work through this because you love each other."

Amelia and Nico walked into the waiting room.

"She's stable," Amelia said, "I clipped her aneurism, she should be fine Link."

"I managed to fix her hip, she's looking it at a lengthy recovery though," Nico said.

"Okay," I said, "Can I see her?"

"Yes," Amelia said, "I'll take you,"

We started walking to her room.

"She'd going to be fine Link, I'll take Scout for the next few days," she said.

"Thank Amelia," I said.

There in an ICU bed lay the love of my life hooked up to machines. I went up to the bed and kissed her hands. She was going to be okay

Authors Note:

Update next week!