Chapter 17

Lily's Pov

Today was the day I was finally moving out of the hospital. Packing up the room I had been living in for the past two weeks was difficult and exhausting. I still hadn't healed, and it was probably months before I could fully return to my job. At this point I thought I might as well quit. I never really wanted to be a childcare worker anyway, I had always wanted to be a teacher. I didn't know how to bring this up with Link, my degree would be 4 years and that would mean he would have to support me.

I felt his arms wrap around me, "You ready to go home?" he said kissing me on the cheek.

"Yes," I said grabbing my bag to walk out.

"Uh uh," he said pulling out a wheelchair, "hospital policy." I growled.

"Or I could carry you," he joked going to grab me.

"No, no, I'll take the wheelchair," I giggled. Link pushed me down to the car and helped me get in.

When we arrived at the penthouse we were greeted by Jo, Luna and Scout watching Encanto. Luna and Scout ran over to me wanting cuddles.

"Careful kiddos," Link said, "Lily still needs time to recover."

"Why don't I watch Encanto with you guys," I said. All five of us snuggled on the couch watching movie and eating junk food. I was glad to be home.