Roses from the Heart

Start from the beginning

"I have to accept the killing," You tell him. "While I'm not inclined to become a serial killer I've also ended a few lives. They were necessary."

"So you get it," Offender chuckles. "Whatever the reason. We all have done it. We still do it. So long as you're not freaked out about it."

"It....doesn't really bother me," You admit to him. "I just want Sally. She's all I've ever wanted."

"I swear I'm not feeling you up. Hold still," He tells you, resting a gentle hand on your chest above your heart.

He focuses as red magic swirls around his hand, slowly engulfing and swirling around you as he uses his powers. He's thankful you stay still through the whole process, making it easier on him to do things. He pulls his hand back and a rose in black and pink forms from the glowing magic and into his hand.

"What was that?" You ask him as you stare at the rose.

"Well, I'm not exactly the best guy to hang around given my....short comings but I have the ability to see what's in people's hearts. Pretty cruel if you ask me considering the way I get the nutrients for my body," He says with a heavy sigh. "The pink represents Sally but I'm not sure on the black. Are you interested in someone?"

"Not really. I haven't dated since losing Sally. She's the only thing that's mattered," You explain, accepting the rose when he hands it to you. "No strings attached?"

"Nah, it's not one of my regular roses. That's just.....what your heart is telling you. I'm sure it'll be fun to figure out the black but I know the pink is for Sally," He explains. "It's unique to you. Not an attempt to get you in my bed. Not that I'd argue with that."

"Not gonna happen," You giggle, twirling the rose in your hand.

Offender watches you as a frown tugs at his lips, looking down at the stem that swirls with your favorite color. The color is rather dull compared to the vibrant leaves. If you're not careful, your life is going to end way too soon. All of them can adore you but if Slender doesn't want you at the mansion then he's going to find a way to get rid of you at all costs. The rose shows what's in your heart and the stem is your lifeline and yours isn't very bright. It's rather dull and that worries him.

"I'm not....going to stay alive for much longer. Am I?" You mumble softly as you lean against him.

"Why do you ask?" He questions, looking down at you.

"Slender despises me and hates that I'm here. If it weren't for Sally I'd have just let him kill me off. Maybe I should have done that," You tell him. "I thought things would go right once I found her. Once I found my purpose again but it's not going to happen. Maybe just leave me here. Say a demon or something got me."

"I'm not interested in killing you. I don't think any of us except Slender are. It'll be okay. We'll figure it out. Now, we should get back," He says, getting to his feet after you stand.

You look so sad as you begin walking, your shoulder slumped as you wrap your arms around yourself. He sighs, wrapping a gentle arm around your shoulders.

"Thank you though. This is pretty incredible," You smile, motioning to the rose you had tucked into your hair. "It's perfect."

"I'm glad you like it," He chuckles softly. "Things will be okay."

"I hope so," You sigh, leaning against him.

He takes you back to the mansion where the girls are waiting and looking rather mad. He supposed he did ruin the tea party.

"I brought her back," He huffs out. "We were just talking."

"Uncle Offendy! That's rude!" Sally huffs out. "You didn't read the sign. No boys were allowed! Now we're gonna have to do it all over tomorrow! Jane had to go home to Mary but she said she'll be back tomorrow."

"Sounds good," You chuckle, hugging Sally when she comes over to you. "We'll have time for plenty of tea parties."

"Yes!" Sally says with an excited smile. "We're ordering pizza for dinner."

"Sounds good," You chuckle softly. "What's the plan for everyone now?"

"Are you alright?" Clockwork asks when you straighten back up after giving Sally a hug. "You look exhausted."

"I'm alright," You assure her.

Offender is quick to catch you when you suddenly collapse.

"Shit! Sally, she'll be okay," He says as he picks you up in front of a wide eyed Sally. "Someone get Doctor Smiley!"

He rushes you into the mansion and to the infirmary, ignoring the questions and worried statements coming from everyone.

"What's wrong?" Splendor cries when he sees Offender with you in his arms.

"She just passed out all of a sudden. I don't know what happened," He says, getting you into bed in the infirmary.

He looks you over only to find you're as pale as a ghost. He feels for a pulse, panic filling him when he barely feels it. Shit! What's going on?!

"What happened?!" Doctor Smiley asks, shooing Offender out of the way and looking you over.

Offender watches as he lifts up your shirt, your bandages soaked in blood. Doctor Smiley removes them and curses softly.

"Shit! She tore open her incision. And she had bleeding inside. I need to find it," He growls in frustration. "I need a hand. Grab E.J. I need his help."

Offender nods and rushes downstairs to grab E.J. who immediately drops what he's doing and rushes upstairs.

"Is she going to be okay?!" Sally cries with teary eyes. "Please!"

"Hey. Hey, it's okay," Offender says, kneeling down and pulling her into a hug. "She has the best doctors. She'll be okay."

"What's going on? Why is Sally upset?" Slender barks out. He always knows when Sally's upset. Dad's intuition Offender guesses.

"Mommy is dying!" Sally cries out, tears steaming down her cheeks as she clings to him.

"She's in surgery right now," Offender explains. "She tore her stitches and there is some internal bleeding but Doctor Smiley and E.J. have got her."

"Daddy, she can't die," Sally whimpers, clinging to Slender when he takes her from Offender.

"It'll be okay," Slender tells her gently. "Everything will be okay."

"I can't lose her again," Sally whimpers. "Daddy, I can't lose her."

Offender easily detects his brother's dilemma as he tries to assure Sally everything is okay. Slender can't get rid of you. Not if he doesn't want to upset Sally. Offender heads to the infirmary when Slender carries Sally away to get her calmed down. He enters the infirmary, freezing when he sees all the blood. Will you really be okay? He glances at your hair where the rose remains, the stem is dull and almost back to being a regular dark green stem. You're fading way too fast. He's afraid. Afraid you won't get out of this alive.