I cleared my throat and grabbed my bag from the back of the chair.

"Ready?" I asked Seth, giving him a look that said he better say yes.

"Yeah, let's go." He said quickly, standing up as I did.

I avoided Ryan's eyes as Seth and I walked past him.

When we reached the car, I sighed in relief.

"My mom still hasn't said anything to you?" Seth asked me and I shrugged.

"Maybe she's waiting for the right time. Or maybe she's waiting so she can get me alone then kill me..." I trailed off, to which Seth laughed.

"Oh you're serious?" He asked me as I gave him a pointed look.

"Look, worst case scenario is the silent treatment for a few days." Seth told me.

"Or they could make us break up." I added nervously, which made Seth's grin fade.

Ryan climbed into the car then and looked between Seth and I.

"Everything alright?"

"Yeah, let's just go." I told him.

When we arrived at school, Seth was questioning Ryan.

"So what exactly did my mom catch you guys doing?" Seth asked.

"Nothing." Ryan said to him.

"Nothing, huh, so you guys haven't uh-" Seth trailed off making odd gestures with his hands.

"Gross, Seth." I told him and Ryan's expression mirrored my reaction.

"No, we haven't even had our first date yet." Ryan told him.

"Oh, so last night doesn't count?" I joked and Ryan rolled his eyes at me.

"Nah, we're going out Saturday night."

"Good, great. But you- you have before, right?" Seth asked and I rolled my eyes at him. Ryan gave Seth a look.

"Okay, wow, that's what I thought. I just didn't want to jump to conclusions because my experience is sort of limited.." Seth trailed off and Ryan glanced at him.

"Yeah, it better be limited seeing as your dating my sister."

"Yep. Absolutely." Seth said, looking nervous suddenly. I jabbed Ryan in the side.

I looked up to see Marissa and Summer walking towards us.

"Hey." Marissa greeted and I smiled. "Hey."

"What're you three talking about?" Marissa asked.

"Nothing. Ryan was just telling us about your big date. He's got a whole thing happening. Sounds amazing." Seth said quickly and I grinned.

"Wow, there's a whole thing happening?" Marissa asked Ryan.

"Yeah, but shh, it's a surprise. It's going to be the best date ever. Uh, I have to go. Ally, walk me to bio." Seth rambled.

"Sorry, Cohen, Ally's walking me to English." Summer said, grabbing my arm. I laughed and waved to Seth as she pulled me away.

~~~
"Ry, I don't see why you can't just take her to dinner and a movie or something." I told him as we sat at our lunch table.

"Because somebody promised her the best date ever." Ryan said, glancing over at Seth.

"Okay, maybe I did exaggerate when I was rambling to Marissa earlier-"

"Maybe?" I asked him and he nudged my shoulder playfully.

I laughed and Ryan gave the both of us a look.