𝟕. 𝐃𝐫𝐮𝐧𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

The night was a blur of neon lights and laughter, a stark contrast to the heaviness that weighed on Taehyung's heart.

He leaned against the bar, his fingers tracing circles on the surface of his drink.

The glass was nearly empty, much like the remnants of his composure.

Namjoon, ever perceptive, slid onto the stool beside him. "Tough night, huh?"

Taehyung's lips curled into a bitter smile. "You could say that."

Namjoon signaled the bartender for two shots, sliding one over to Taehyung. He knows his cousin having hard time. "Bottoms up."

As the liquid burned down his throat, Taehyung's inhibitions loosened.

He looked at Namjoon, his eyes swimming with a mix of sadness and regret. "You know, Hyung, I messed up big time. I hurt people, manipulated their feelings. And now, karma's come back to bite me."

Namjoon's gaze softened as observed the younger, his voice gentle. "Tae, we all make mistakes. It's how we learn and grow from them that matters."

Taehyung sighed, his shoulders slumping. "But what if it's too late? Hyung What if the damage is irreparable?"

Namjoon clinked his shot glass against Taehyung's, his voice filled with unwavering support. "It's never too late, Tae You've realized your mistakes, and that's the first step toward change."

The alcohol warmed Taehyung's veins, his emotions bubbling to the surface. "You remember Jungkook, right? The boy I told you about?"

Namjoon's eyes widened slightly, his expression attentive. "Yeah, what about him?"

Taehyung's voice wavered, the weight of his confession bearing down on him. "he was here to take revenge on me, Hyung. To make me understand the pain I caused others. You know that park guy Jungkook is his childhood friend"

Namjoon's brow furrowed, his concern evident. "What? Revenge? Tae, what did you do?"

The dam of Taehyung's emotions broke, his words spilling out in a torrent of regret and vulnerability. He recounted the whirlwind romance with Jungkook, the blossoming feelings he had developed, and the shocking revelation of younger's true intentions.

Namjoon's eyes widened in disbelief, his hand reaching out to steady Taehyung. "Wait, so you fell for him, and he was just... using you for revenge?"

Taehyung nodded, biting his lips his voice filled with a mixture of frustration and self-loathing. "I let my guard down, Hyung. I let myself believe that I could change, that I could deserve something real. But all along, I was just another pawn in his game."

Namjoon's grip on his friend's shoulder tightened. "Tae, I'm so sorry. I had no idea."

Taehyung chuckled bitterly, the alcohol and emotions mingling in his veins. "It's the story of my life, isn't it? Playing with hearts, only to have mine shattered in the end."

Namjoon's expression softened, his voice tinged with empathy. "Tae, you're not alone in this. You're human, and you're capable of change. It's never easy, but you can rebuild, learn from your mistakes, and become a better person."

Tears welled up in Taehyung's eyes, his facade crumbling as he let his emotions wash over him. "I want to believe that, Hyung. I- I want to believe that I- I can be redeemed, that I can be someone who deserves love." He finally sobbed, the tears he was holding streamed down.

Namjoon pulled him into a comforting embrace, his voice a whisper of reassurance. "You can, Tae. And you have friends who will support you every step of the way."

As Taehyung's tears mingled with the remnants of his pain, he found solace in Namjoon's arms.

The night was a testament to the power of friendship, to the strength that came from acknowledging one's flaws and facing them head-on.

Taehyung knew he had a long journey of self-discovery and redemption ahead. But for the first time in a while, he felt a glimmer of hope and the courage to face his past

And amidst the broken pieces of Taehyung's heart, a glimmer of hope emerged -a hope that redemption was possible , he got his way to how face his past and seek something that can let his heart rest, even in the aftermath of a Playboy's game.

A/n-

It was originally written for oneshot then turn into mini-fiction but now I'm thinking whether should keep it as a mini-fiction and end it or make it long with slow burn.