Reset.

The album was done, and to celebrate that I was dropping all the videos to accompany the songs. "Reset" 14 songs, from feels to straight fire. I decided to keep things simple, but silly, smart but soulful. The album artwork shot, just a day before I turned in what was to be my last OVO endorsed album.

The track list full of heavy hitters, with light titling to keep the feel of whimsy emotional clarity

The track list full of heavy hitters, with light titling to keep the feel of whimsy emotional clarity. Coming to, the process is finding peace within the chaos. It was therapy, for me. Music, my muse, the safest escape I ever knew. Something I was naturally able to do, which felt like nothing else most of the time. I discovered our relationship as a kid, watching my uncles and dad play dub plates and vinyls of the hard hitting roots rock reggae bass lines, sultry stand out vocals, deep blues base grooves. I would listen back to and mimic artists I admired, until I got the notes and keys, writing songs as a child comprehending contexts too mature for young ears to have even heard, political, sexual, violent from the sadness that became anger, but, I did more than hear, felt the music in my soul. Saw it with my mum and dad, waiting in vain, a stranger in town coming in to scoop my mum up, as my dad played playboy. Connecting my love for singing to my need to spend time both submerged in friendship, love and affection, and also spent alone. Solitude to attune to my most inner self, write about it all, then contemplate the meaning of all the changes.

Recorded a mini documentary about the last OVO album under the deal, for fans who had missed me musically

Recorded a mini documentary about the last OVO album under the deal, for fans who had missed me musically. I had enjoyed mummy hiatus but was always working on something, writing second nature to my existence. I watched the documentary, knowing it was going to garner a load of attention. Sat there alone in bed as my kids were with my mum and I was worried about how it would look. Vulnerable and insightful, on some of it the subject matter of sessions spent singing my heart out, in studio features were made mandatory too. I forgot about the world watching when I cried, listening back to lyrics confessing all the things I wish I had said and not done.

So, I said it in the music, asked for the forgiveness I knew I would never get too. Aubrey always called it the medicine, music, and so we bonded on that too. I had a song, I was considering using but went with sampling it instead. Wondering if he would be petty and refuse to clear it to get me back but he complied.
Our creativity was on an outlet of some much suppressed sexual tension. Grace, a space for being ourselves, and so, being together felt like it was meant to be for a while. I was so sure of that, I guess things changed for us as a duo. But, separately, we both had a chamber of shots to take, rumours about our demise used as punch-lines here and there, which pissed both of us off.