The Chosen

The rotunda was packed, the grounders were around it, and Skaikru was in the middle, as Jasper, Kane, Clarke, Artemis, Abby, Jaha and Bellamy stood on the ramp outside of the main office. "Jaha! What's happening?" A man, who Artemis recognized, Mr. Allen, asks as he neared them, his son Ethan on his hip. 

The grounders shut the door, locking Skaikru in the rotunda. People began banging on the door, and Jaha turned to Bellamy and Artemis, "Three out of four of these people are gonna die tonight. You still think you made the right choice?"

Abby, Kane, Jasper and Artemis sat in the main office. Artemis layed in Jasper's lap on the couch, fighting the sleep and focusing on the priorities. "Just hang in there. We're sending a team to get you today." Abby spoke to Raven on the radio, who was still at Becca's island. 

"You're sure about this?" Raven questioned. 

"Yes. We need you. Not just for the hundreds of things that we know you can fix, but for the thousands that we haven't even thought of yet." 

Raven sounded like she had tears in her eyes, "Thank you, Abby." 

"I'm just glad you're alright." 

"You will be too. My brain is healing. The seizures have stopped. When i get there, we'll use the same procedure on you. You'll be cured." This caught the ears of Kane, and he leaned on the desk, "Cured? What is she talking about?"

"We'll talk about that when you get here." Abby stopped pushing the button, setting the microphone down. 

Bellamy and Clarke walked into the main office, as well as Jaha, who shut the doors. "Our people are scared, Marcus. We need to tell them something." Jaha turned around to face them, and Kane continued to lean on the desk, "We just spoke to Raven, when she gets here, we'll have all of our essential personnel." 

"How many spots does that leave us with?" Clarke asked, and Kane looked at Artemis, who was in charge of keeping track. She peeked her head up from Jasper's lap, "After the essential personnel, and the spots we saved for the children under 16, we're left with 80."

"80." Clarke was in disbelief, and she hated more than anything that she was sending her people to their doom. 

"I can't believe we're talking about sending 364 of our own people to their deaths." 

"We're lucky they're giving us any space in this bunker at all." Clarke said to him, at that point, they were tired of hearing him.

Kane crossed his arms over his chest, "Look, I don't like it anymore than you do."

"Then let's fight this." 

"No, any sort of resistance will cost us all our lives." Kane kept his cool, "Our best course of action is to hold a lottery for the remaining spots." 

Jaha leaned over the desk, looking directly at Kane, "It's not gonna work, Marcus."

"It was your idea."

Jaha raised  his voice, "That was for the chance to survive." 

"And how is this any different?" Abby asked, and he looked at her, "Until 20 minutes ago, our people believed they were safe. They let down their guards. They picked out their bunks. They unpacked their bags. They imagined their futures. You try to rip that from them now, and believe me, they will fight." 

Artemis pulled herself off of Jasper and walked over to the desk, "No one is saying this will be easy, we need to make the people listen to reason." 

"Someone still needs to get Raven." Bellamy pointed out. "I'd like to volunteer."