Heavy Lies The Crown

Bellamy and Clarke got back two days ago, a few hours after the others. Artemis has been helping Jackson in med-bay, once again going back and forth from med-bay to the chancellor's office to help Bellamy and Clarke. Jasper hasn't been doing much, just moping around, not knowing what to do with himself. 

Artemis had got caught up in a surgery, so when she arrived at the chancellor's office, everyone was scattered around. "Sorry, Me and Jackson had a patient with severed finger that we had to-.. Never mind."  She walked up and sat down beside Jasper who sat on the floor, just staring up at the ceiling with his head resting on a wall as she spoke. She felt the tension in the air, everyone was a little on edge recently. 

 "We've been at this for two days, there's gotta be something we haven't thought of." Bellamy paced back and forth, the thunderstorm outside rattling the sky, "What if we could reach the nearest nuclear reactor?" He questioned, holding his hands in an 'i dont know' position. 

"I told you, the meltdown started months ago, there's no magic button to turn them off." Raven said, leaning against the counter, "Today, this isn't black rain, but it will be soon. That's why we have to focus on riding out the radiation. Finding someplace safe and big enough to hold all 500 of us." 

"So like a bunker?" Artemis chimed in. 

Clarke stood up, "Look, this isn't just about saving us. I made a promise to Roan, this is about saving everyone." 

Raven rolled her eyes, "And that's why we need to tell everyone. Crowdsource it. If there's another Mount Weather out there, the grounders will know about it." 

Bellamy held his head in his hand for a moment, "And you think they're gonna tell us? Just like that? If you tell everyone they're gonna die, the coalition is over, Roan falls, and the grounders will be at our gate." 

"Then just tell our people." Artemis suggested, standing up and walking towards them,  "We need more minds on this problem, guys. On the Ark, people volunteered for the Culling because they were told the truth and given a choice." She looked over at Clarke, "A choice that your father died for." 

Clarke gave her a stern look, stepping towards her, "You think i've forgotten that?"  

"Okay," Bellamy stepped forward, "We'll tell everybody the truth as soon as we have a viable solution." He looked between Artemis and Raven, "Without one, it'll start a panic." 

Artemis uncrossed her arms, "You dont know that." 

"That's it!" Monty exclaimed, pulling away from the window he was watching. "What are you talking about?" Clarke asked. 

"Think. Alpha Station survived for 97 years in space through elevated radiation levels and extreme temperature fluctuations. Sound familiar?" Raven and Artemis looked at each other as they began to understand Monty, "All we have to do is patch up the ship. We're standing in our viable solution." 

Jasper stood up as he heard this, looking around at the ship, then patting Monty on the back, "Heh" He chuckled, as he sipped his water. 

---

Artemis' first question was, 'how the hell are we gonna be able to store enough water for 500 people?' and that got Monty thinking. Him, Bellamy and a few others are going to go get a hydro-generator from Farm Station in Ice Nation. 

Artemis walked outside in search for her boyfriend, "Jasp--" She cut herself off as she heard him off-key singing. She followed the sound to see Jasper standing in a box, water running down him, shower cap on, washing his body, singing his heart out. Artemis let out a laugh, "Ha ha ha! ha ha ha!" She slapped her knee, catching a smile from Jasper. Monty walked up to them, and Artemis collected herself.