The Four Horsemen

[anything in italics is pieces from Artemis' journal about these moments. it'll make more sense in the next season. YEAH BITCH I SAID NEXT SEASON. I DONT PLAN ON ENDING THIS SERIES ANYTIME SOON]

Artemis got a total of 4 hours of sleep that night before she was paged into med-bay by Jackson at the ass crack of dawn. She got up out of bed, doing her best not to disturb Jasper, and put a pair of black jeans on, with her black turtleneck and a bohemian vest. She put her black high tops on, brushed her hair, teeth, and washed her face, before making her way down to med-bay. 

Not very many people were awake, it was only 06:29, and so Alpha Station was quiet, very quiet. She heard as her footsteps echoed through the metal halls, and she could even  hear her own breathing. 

Artemis walked into med-bay, swiping her key card and grabbing her lab coat. She walked into the lab, grabbing her test results from yesterday, and walking up to her patient, who she found out was named Maria, and started putting more water into her blood, due to the dehydration levels on her blood test results. 

As the day began, new broke that the people were limited to 2 meals a day. And as Artemis thought about it, she thought about how that was going to work. With how hard their people work, they shouldn't be rationing like this. But if there is one thing their people understood, it was rationing. 

Artemis checked in with her other patients as they began to wake up, and Jackson was doing some restock from what was left from mount weather. Abby had come home yesterday from Polis, so at least Med-Bay wasn't backed up. Over the PA system, one of the guards spoke, "We need some medical help at the front gate, looks like we got some sick people out here." Artemis looked over at Jackson, "Go." He said, walking over to her to take her spot. Artemis ran out the door and down the hallway, walking out through a hole in the wall, she ran to the front gate. 

There was people standing there with guns, and Artemis rushed through them, "Move!" She pushed through them.

She rushed out the gate, to see Nyko holding a young girl, Luna with her arm around a young man, and a few other people behind them. "Nyko. What happened to them?" Artemis asked, Clarke walking forward, standing behind her.

"The sickness. We lost more than 40 on the way." He answered, and the red head began to cough. 

"Luna?" Bellamy questioned, 

"Please dont turn us away because of what i did to you." 

Abby came walking through the crowd of people, "Out of the way. Please, let me through." She came in, looking at Artemis, walking up to her, she handed her a cloth, "Put it over your mouth." 

Artemis holds the cloth over her nose and mouth area as the two lead down and begin to examine two people. Artemis looks over at Abby, lowering her voice, "Abby, that's ARS. Look at the burns." 

Clarke bent down to their level, "What is this?" She looked at both of them for an answer. "Fever, lesions, vomiting. It's ARS, Clarke." Artemis said, and Abby nodded her head as Clarke looked at her for approval. "What's ARS?" Bellamy asked, 

"Acute Radiation Sickness." Artemis said, her stomach turning as the words fell from her lips. 

Clarke stood up, and Artemis began looking at the little girl first, "When did the symptoms start?"

"I'm not sure. Right before the fish started dying." Luna answered, and Raven piped up in question, "The fish are dying?"

Nyko looked up at her, "Floating on the sea to the horizon in every direction." Raven and Clarke looked at each other. Abby stood up, "It's not contagious. Let's get them to med-bay."  And Artemis grabbed Luna, pulling her arm over her shoulder.