Gimme Shelter

When Artemis woke up that morning, she had a sleep deprivation driven head ache. When she looked at the clock and saw that it was almost 10:00, her head started to hurt even more. She pulled the blankets off of herself and got her shoes on, immediately running to Medical. 

"Dr. Blake." Dr green looked at her as she walked in, "You were supposed to be here an hour ago." 

Artemis grabbed her charts, "I know, I'm sorry. It's stressful without Abby." 

Dr. Green gave her an understanding smile, "It's okay. I remember when i joined the medical force, i never did anything half assed. Me and you are alike in that way, Artemis."

Artemis looked over her chart, "Why do i not have any patients?" She looked up at him with a questionable look.

"Since Avery and I were here this morning--"

"Wait, what?"

Dr. Green sighed as she cut him off, "Your patients were taken care of, I promise. You can go for now, I'll page you if I need you."

Artemis nodded, putting the charts down, "See ya, Dr. Green." She turned and headed for the door, now determined to find a job that needs to be done. 

She walked outside, where Harper stood, directing the large truck that Roan and his guard were in, that's when Artemis knew Bellamy was home. 

The rover pulled in, and Bellamy was spotted by Art as he sat in the drivers seat, he parked, and Artemis ran up to the rover. He got out, walking around to the other side, being met by Artemis' warm hug, "Bellamy." 

Bellamy smiled at his younger sister, but it was cut off by the sound of thunder crashing from above. They pulled away and looked up, the now yellow sky filled with rain clouds. But not regular rain clouds. "Black rain." Artemis let out, as it began to drizzle, the burning sensation hitting her skin. 

Bellamy grabbed Artemis, "Everybody inside! Black rain! Sound the alarm!"

Artemis let go of his grip, as everyone began to flood through the doors, the rain began to fall harder, and the burning sensation got worse for Artemis. She ran through the door, her cold, wet body now in more pain than she's ever felt. She began to take off her clothing, not caring that there was a crowd around her doing the same thing.

Artemis turned as they began to carry a man in, he was screaming and covered in mud, "Oh god." Artemis watched as they practically carried him. Artemis threw her wet clothes into the designated zone, splashing clean water on her body, trying her best not to cry from the pain. 

Walking through the Ark, with nothing but her bra and underwear, Artemis made her way to her and Jasper's living quarters. As she opened the door, Jasper sat on the couch with a book in his hand. He looked up at her, her skin red, and tears in her eyes, "Artemis, what happened?"

She shut the door, "The black rain finally hit." Artemis grabbed her thick cargo pants and long sleeve black v-neck, changing her clothes quickly. "I'll be fine, i promise." 

"What does it mean when the black rain hits?" Jasper asked the question like he didn't want to know the answer.

Artemis looked down, "Death and destruction." 

"We have enough of that for the entire planet." 

Artemis chuckled, "Tell me about it." She put her boots on, "Alright, there's a shit ton of people with acidic burns and sore lungs, so i have to go. We can get dinner together later." 

Jasper nodded, "I love you." 

"Love you more." She gave him a half smile then headed for the door.

---