The Tinder Box

Artemis woke up at 05:00. She had a head ache from the lack of sleep, and her legs hurt from last nights excitement with Jasper, but she knew her duties, so she got out of bed, got dressed, brushed her hair, and grabbed her key card. 

As she walked out the door, Artemis looked back at her boyfriend who laid curled up under a blanket, smiling, she took a mental photograph of the moment, hoping to never forget it. I still haven't forgotten it. 

She shot the door quietly, and Artemis made her way to Medical, waving at Mr. Miller as she passed him in the hall. 

As the sun rose, Artemis grabbed her coffee, and made her way to Med-bay. She cleaned the beds, counters, and floors, then, cleaned the equipment with a small amount of moonshine. As soon as she sat down, Mr. Allen came walking in. 

He spotted her, "Dr. Blake."

"Mr. Allen, hi." She set her coffee down and stood up. "Your antibiotic, right." Artemis walked over to the cabinets, grabbing the 20mg Penicillin. "Sorry, i'm a bit tired today." She took one out of the bottle, handing it to him, then grabbing glass of water, "Here you go." 

"Thanks." He popped the pill in his mouth and chugged down the water. 

Artemis gave him a warm smile, "Alright Braxton, I'll see you tomorrow." 

"See ya, Doc." 

Artemis cleaned the chair he sat at, took off her lab coat, grabbed her coffee, and made her way to the mess hall, where she saw Monty share a few words with Clarke, then begin to walk away, she walked down the stairs, "Clarke, is Bell back?"

"Uh, no-- Not yet, but i'm sure it won't be long." 

Artemis nodded, and waved at Niylah, which she politely returned. Taking a sip of her coffee, Artemis went to turn and find Monty, but the panicked voice of Harper yelling, "Artemis!" As she ran into the mess stopped her. 

Artemis looked up to see her sister in the arms of a man, she immediately rushed over, "Octavia?" 

"She just stopped breathing." Harper said, her panicked voice filling the room.

"Okay. Get her on the table now." Artemis pushed the tubes and fills off the table, and the man laid her down on it. 

"There's a stab wound in her belly. She's soaked in blood." Harper said, her panic now more relaxed. 

"One step at a time, Harp." Artemis pressed her hands onto Octavia's chest, right where her heart is, and started to pump, counting, "1, 2, 3, 4," 

Clarke asked the man, "Who are you?" As she stood at the opposite of Art, "How did this happen to her?" 

"Ilian kom trishanakru."  The man answered, "I was on my way home from Polis when i found her." 

Artemis continued to pump Octavia's heart, "Come on, sissy, come on." Artemis stopped pumping, plugged Octavia's nose, and blew air into her mouth, and down her lungs, but again, nothing. 

By then, there was people standing at the tables, watching as Artemis tried to bring her sister back. Artemis blew once again, and finally, Octavia started coughing, her eyes opened, and her breath was given back to her. 

Artemis looked up at the people around her, "Alright, get her to Medical now." She demanded, and Monty immediately ran for a stretcher. Artemis looked at Ilian, "Getting her here saved her life, thank you." He nodded, and Artemis looked down at her sister. Octavia whipped her head to the other side, "Hey, hey, hey, it's okay, you're gonna be okay. Tavia, you've lost a lot of blood, but you're home now. i'm gonna help you." Monty ran over with the stretcher, placing it on the ground