9, come alive

A/N This chapter is so 'Home' by Dotan coded js if you're tryna slap that on

A/N
This chapter is so 'Home' by Dotan coded js if you're tryna slap that on

"I mean how could you be so bloody stupid?" James Potter roared, shouting at his son who was sitting opposite him in his office. James had waited until his son had been nursed back to health to give this lecture. "You know how awful it was when we lost Charlotte! To see you lying there so lifelessly - Merlin I thought I had fucking lost you Harry!"

"It doesn't matter!" Harry shouted back, "I'm alive and she's dead! That consequence is enough! I don't need you shouting at me, dad, but can you really blame me? I love her! Now she's gone for good!"

"What if you had died?" James was shaking his head furiously, "what if I didn't get there in time? You'd be gone!"

"I'm sorry," Harry said quietly, "I wasn't thinking properly. I miss her so much, dad. I just want her back. I want this never ending nightmare to be over!"

"I know, son," James watched as his son crashed, and he made his way over to him, tears falling down his own cheeks as Harry sobbed into his chest, endlessly repeating how much he missed her. "I know."

A few hours later, Harry had gone to bed and James was staring out the window, millions of thoughts racing through his mind.

"She is alive," a voice said, and James glanced over at the headmaster.

"How can you be so sure?" James asked.

"Come to my office, your wife is waiting for you, we have much to discuss before Charlotte makes her appearance."

𖣘𖣘𖣘

Lily was pacing up and down one of the ballrooms of their house. Dumbledore has been so unspecific the previous night, "she's back, let her come to you."

How was she supposed to simply wait? Who knew where she was, Charlotte could be in her grave suffocating for all they knew, why was no action being taken? Why did she have to wait?

"Lils, you're gunna get dizzy if you keep doing that," said Marlene, who was eating crisps on the floor.

"How are you all so calm?" Lily shook her head. Peter and Mary were playing chess, Alice, Emelia and Dorcas were playing with Marlene and Dorcas' cats, and Hope and Lyall were cooking in the kitchen.

"To try and keep you calm," said Marlene, mindlessly. "James will be here soon, it'll be oka-"

With that, there was a knock at the door.

"James doesn't knock...he uses the floo system," Lily whispered.

"Go," Marlene said to Lily, "I'll come with you."

They crept to the front door, they were both trying their hardest not to get their hopes up, it was definitely James, perhaps Dumbledore had given him a portkey.