10, home

A few hours later, Charlotte was awake and sitting at the breakfast bar, her eyes on the wall in front of her

A few hours later, Charlotte was awake and sitting at the breakfast bar, her eyes on the wall in front of her. She felt so disorientated. Her mum had told her that she just needed time to readjust, but it didn't prevent how rough she was feeling.

"Not hungry?" Remus asked, sitting down next to her with two mugs of hot chocolate in his hand.

She looked down at her toast that had been coated in chocolate spread, and shook her head. "I just feel weird."

"Weird how?" He asked patiently.

"It's just...strange, being back in a physical form I guess," she shrugged, "I don't even know if I'm still a werewolf...does that change when you come back from the dead?"

"Well, I can't say I have a lot of experience in the 'back to life' department," Remus chuckled. "Charlotte...about that last full moon. I'm so incredibly sorry I-"

"You can't apologise to me for that," Charlotte interrupted. "I don't want to talk about it...it makes me feel queasy and scared and...just know that I don't blame you."

Remus felt a weight lift off of his shoulder after hearing that. He still felt guilty, but oh how the guilt had been eating him alive for the past few months, it was awful. He was just glad to hear she didn't hate him for it.

"I understand," he nodded, "it's really really good to see you Charlotte. I've missed you, and I'm glad that you're back."

"I'm glad to be back," she smiled warmly. "When will James be back?"

"Any minute," he promised, "he has a gift for you."

"Is it Harry?" Lottie asked excitedly, she missed him terribly. "Theo? Alex?" She missed them just as much. "Coco? Oh please be Coco, I miss her so much!"

Remus simply smiled at the last option, and before either of them could speak, James opened the front door, and Charlotte rushed over to see her beautiful springer spaniel. Coco barked excitedly at the sight of her owner and quickly rushed over to Lottie. She was so much bigger now, and her coat looked so clean, she looked healthy. Charlotte dropped to her knees, soaking up the hugs from the dog that she loved ever so much, tears slowly dripping down her face, tears of happiness to be reunited with Coco, tears of sadness over the fact that she didn't get to spend the last few months caring for Coco and watching her grow.

"I've missed you so much, girl," the redhead was saying, cuddling the dog that was adamant on licking the girls face, and she squirmed as she tried to avoid it. "You're a good girl! I'm never ever leaving you again, you're never even leaving my sight again!"

James and Remus both chuckled, sitting down on the couches. Charlotte did the same, sitting on the end of the one that Remus was sat on, Coco jumping onto her lap as she did.

"When can I see Harry?"

"Soon," said James.

"How soon?"