25, easy on me

"Where's Charlotte?" Harry asked, sitting down at the Gryffindor table for the first time in almost a week, his face practically dripping with anxiety as he did so, nervously looking around

"Where's Charlotte?" Harry asked, sitting down at the Gryffindor table for the first time in almost a week, his face practically dripping with anxiety as he did so, nervously looking around. "I need to apologise to her."

"Bit late there mate," Lucas chuckled, "it's been days."

"Shut up, Lucas! Do you know where she is?"

"Harry, think of what day of the month it is," Hermione mumbled, and Halle glanced up, cogs turning in her head as she herself thought about what time of the month it was.

Harry's jaw dropped. "Already?"

"I'd say go and talk to Theo and Alex," shrugged Ron, "I'm not coming with you, though, the Slytherin table gives me the creeps."

"How could I have forgotten?" He mumbled, attempting to retrace his steps, all the anger he had felt over the past few days seemed to have completely fogged any sense he once had. "Everything's been so...disorienting the past few weeks, I can't believe I forgot!"

"Don't stress too much mate," Lucas told him, "you can still see her."

"Yeah, but it's the principle."

"Principle of what?" Asked Halle.

"Yeah! What did you forget?" Jasmine added, "hello, we've just joined and have no clue what's going on right now!"

Harry glanced between Hermione and Ron, and then he shrugged. "Nothing."

"Liar," Halle said, looking over at Ron, smiling brightly at him. "What's he talking about?"

Ron froze, his face burning red, "I...um...he's...his-"

"Shut up, Ronald!"

Halle and Jasmine both shared a look, one that Harry did not like.

"I'm going to head to the library, I have a book I need to collect before curfew," Hermione announced, leaving the table, desperate to escape the awkward silence that had fallen upon the Gryffindor table.

The rest of dinner seemed uncomfortable; and Harry was itching to leave the hall and head straight down to the hospital wing, but by the time dinner was over, he noticed his father was already leaving, he was too late.

James followed the route to the hospital wing uneasily. He hadn't done a full moon since the night Charlotte died, and the flashbacks had been taunting him for days. He knew he couldn't give up on her though, this was the one time Charlotte needed him.

She lay in her bed, her skin pale and her eyes closed, and he sighed. "You awake?"

"Just about," she mumbled, her jaw aching and head pounding. "Is it time already?"

"No, no, you've still got about half an hour, do you need anything?"

"I'm okay," she sat up, taking a sip of her water. "Good day?"