I am now...

I never had any courage to face our people back then, I have no pride, bravery, or strength to face them.

Why so? Because I was treated lower than a servant, more like a beggar. All I did was receive backlashes and curses, even death itself. 

But the Duke here allowed me to change everything. I will never let this luck go without venturing beyond the border of what I expected my life to be.

So I smiled at him. Brightly and genuinely. 

"Thank you, Rufus."

He seemed appalled for a second there not knowing what he did but he just smiled slightly.

"It is I that should be thankful for coming here with me."

"No. It is my duty as your Duchess."

Pumasok na kami sa loob ng great hall as the doorman announces our arrival.

"The Great Duke Rufus and Duchess Wynfir!!"

As we walked down the red carpet ay bakas ko ang gulat sa mga muka nilang lahat. Right, Rufus was rumored to not plan to marry someone if not Lemisha Periwinkle, who's now the Crown Prince's fiance. Who would have thought that this man here could get an instant wife and marry without prior notice to the whole Empire and even the Queen and King themselves?

Nagumpisa na ang bulungan ng mga tao, but all I saw was how different their dressing style back with Hawysia, here were more modern, dresses that you will never find someone to match with yours. How unique, men here are not wearing wigs unlike in Hawysia which became almost a symbol of nobility, aristoracy, and money. 

Wow. So this is Kuchendorf...

"The Duchess?!"

 "Impossible!"

"The Duke did marry? This is news!"

"Did she dye her hair?"

"She's beautiful."

"No. She's not, she looks like a witch!"

"Even her lashes are white, how could she have done that?"

"Think about an attention seeker."

"From which lineage did the new duchess come from?"

"Well, who knows..."

Hindi ko alam kung saan kami dadalhin ng red carpet, pero hindi na ako nagulat nang sa dulo niyon ay naroon ang Emperor at Empress.  Their seat is slightly elevated from the floor. They sat up there overlooking their guests. I could sense how much power they held by just looking at how the two of them sat and lifted their head to hold their crown like carrying the whole empire with it.

Nag angat ako ng tingin kay Rufus when he slightly squeeze my hand nakaangkla sa braso niya ng isa niyang kamay. Tumango siya sa akin. I know what he meant by that. 

It is now the time to properly announce our marriage in front of these two most powerful people in the Empire as well as to the whole nation of Kuchendorf.

Emperor Vangiu Kuchendorf  XII was the most powerful Emperor listed in the history of this Empire. He conquers many kingdoms and soon will be conquering ours, Hawysia. However, that still doesn't define the power he holds. He has a super strength that no one can counter, he also has immunity to magic. This was the ability of the third Emperor and the seventh Emperor combined. Some say that he could even counter the gods.

More to that, His Majesty got a perfect wife. The empress, Lishven Ploara. Siya nalang ang natitirang pure healer galing sa lineage ng mga Ploara. Unlike hybrid healers, Ploara was said to have a huge mana and could even make an unalive person live.