A plead in the park

Kara's POV:

"At least hear what I have to say!" I plead with Y/n, extending out a hand, hoping she'd take it.

Y/n thinks for a second, and she thinks hard. After what seems like an eternity, she takes my hand, causing Doris to angrily snarl at me. I overhear Leslie whispering to her, "Calm down, Doris, c'mon, it's Kara. She can't win over Y/n and take her away from us,"

Doris visibly calms down, but she angrily slumps down in her seat, blowing out a strand of hair out her face.

Y/n and I walk out of Sweet Justice, and I lead her towards the park.  We stand in silence for about five minutes before Y/n raises her eyebrows and coughs.

"Erm, so, if you're like, not going to say anything, then I'll just go...."

"No!" I start, "No- I er, I'm sorry, Y/n, I'm sorry about my friends and I'm sorry about how they treated you, but most of all, I'm sorry about me. I'm sorry about how I treated you, and I'm sorry about how ignorant and self-absorbed I've been. I abandoned you when you needed me most, and I feel so bad about it. You've given me countless chances, and I've messed up countless times, but, for the very last time, will you give me another chance?" I stand, blinking hard and swallow nervously. 

Y/n stands there, and she stands there staring me down like a cat eyeing up a rat, and I feel my breath hitch. I nibble on my lip, and I can't help but notice Y/n's eyeing down my lips, too. I go bright red, hoping for a response before I literally explode.

Suddenly her hard expression crumbles and she brings her hands up to her face, covering up every inch, and in one melodic whimper, she starts laughing, her shoulders bobbing up and down, muffled sounds leaving her mouth. 

Then she leans into my chest, and I realise, "Shit, are you crying? " My eyes widen, and I quickly start stroking her back. I've never seen Y/n cry in all honesty, and I don't know if it's because I'm self-absorbed or if because she's the biggest badass. "Was my speech that bad?" I laughed weakly.

Her breathing hitches, and she continues crying on my chest, her hands still covering her face. I reach up to slowly bring her hands down, but she shakes her head.

"What?"

"I don't want you to see," She mumbles before laughing weakly. 

"Okay, okay, eyes shut, see," I shut my eyes and bring her hands down into mine, and she presses her face into my shirt, breathing out deeply and giggling.

Just as I laugh too, I hear loud stomps coming my way, and my blood runs cold. If Doris sees Y/n sobbing on me, I have a nasty feeling today may be my last. But before I can escape-

"Y/n what is taking so -" Leslie starts before her eyes harden, and she shoots me the most paralysing glare, "Ka-!" But before she can even get the word out, someone interrupts her.

"DANVERS!" Doris yells, causing the birds in the sky to drop and the elderly people in the park to clutch their hearts. 

I gulp, sweat trickling down my neck. "Yeah?" 

"You better hope your ass can run fast bec-" Doris cracks her knuckles, brows furrowed, before she was cut off by Y/n.

"Doris, calm down, I swear everything is fine!"

I see Doris's nostrils flare like a bull and a vein in her neck throb. I blink hard, ready to run as fast as I need, even fly if I have to, because Doris was lowkey freaking me out and I did not want to be on the receiving end of  her wrath

Y/n's POV:

Kara and I left Sweet Justice, and headed towards the park. After what seemed like an eternity of Kara awkwardly shuffling and painful silence, I raised my eyebrows and coughed..

"Erm, so, if you're like, not going to say anything, then I'll just go...."

"No!" Kara yelped, hand out to stop me leaving, "No- I er, I'm sorry, Y/n, I'm sorry about my friends and I'm sorry about how they treated you, but most of all, I'm sorry about me. I'm sorry about how I treated you, and I'm sorry about how ignorant and self-absorbed I've been. I abandoned you when you needed me most, and I feel so bad about it. You've given me countless chances, and I've messed up countless times, but, for the very last time, will you give me another chance?" Kara stood there, wringing her hands and looking around nervously.

I felt a sharp lump in my throat and stinging in my eyes.

I swallowed hard, trying to focus on something else, something stable to stop myself crying. So I focused on Kara's face, but when she nibbled her lip my heart exploded and I brought my hands up to my face as tears welled up in my eyes like expanding foam. I couldn't help but make a noise as years of hatred and dislike washed down the drain and I felt an emotion like no other. How much I missed Kara.

My shoulders bounced up and down and I cried and cried and cried. I lean my head forwards and my forehead lands on a firm but pillowy familiar, her chest.

"Shit, are you crying?" Kara immediately brings her arms up and wraps them around me, one of them gently running up and down my back. "Was my speech that bad?"she gently joked.

I let out a small muffled laugh, my breathing hitching a bit, but I couldn't stop myself from crying. Kara then reached up and gently tried to grab my wrist, to remove them from my face but I shook my head, adamantly keeping my hands pressed to my face.

"What?" Kara asked.

"I don't want you to see," I mumbled before laughing weakly. 

"Okay, okay, eyes shut, see," Kara replied before successfully removing my hands, and as said, her eyes were shut and her face donned a small smug smirk. I laughed, and pressed my face into her shirt, leaving my mascara smudges and tear marks on it, and sighing, giggling at Kara.

Kara laughs too, but just as she does, the ground started bouncing, accompanied with loud stomps.

"Y/n what is taking so -"I hear Leslie call, but I guess she saw the unsightly and scene and thought the worst, "Ka-!" But before she can even get the word out, someone interrupts her.

"DANVERS!" Doris yells, causing the birds to squawk loudly, the swish of their wings as they escape. I bounced backwards away from Kara and quickly wiped my eyes.

I hear Kara gulp, and reply with a hint of nervousness. "Yeah..?"

"You better hope your ass can run fast bec-" Doris cracks her knuckles, brows furrowed, before I interfered.

Doris is a hothead.
Kara is a hothead.
Kara + Doris?
Well, come that's just fighting fire with fire.
It would end ridiculous fight ever, and in all honesty, I don't think any of them would make it out alive, because one, Doris is hella strong, but so is Kara, I mean I've seen that girl slam a car door so hard it caved in like an insecure little boy. But also two, they both seem to have.. erm.. severe anger issues. Plus Leslie on Doris's side? That girl's a bit... wild.

So of course I had to step in. I care about them all. Kind of. 

"Doris, calm down, I swear everything is fine!" I said, hands up in surrender. "Kara and I were just talking everything out, and we're done now, so let's go," I try to direct Doris towards the exit of the park, grabbing Leslie's hand, as she happily reciprocates, but before fully leaving I turn around and smile at Kara, making a phone gesture, signalling her to call me.

She smiled back, a familiar, gorgeous smile, and nodded.

13/04/24

1330 words. So I'm back, sorry for disappearing, I was so uninspired, but if any of you are still here, please check out my new Kara fanfic, its called The Kara Kam :)