I've searched all over Metropolis for you!

Leslie's POV;

"Of course, Y/n! I'd take over Metropolis for you~!" I smile, catching Doris's eye and stifling a laugh. Being villains meant we literally would take over Metropolis, whether it'd be for someone or not. 

"Anyway." Doris says, steering the conversation away from my little joke. "Are you, like okay?" She grunts awkwardly. Dang Doris, at least TRY to have some game.

"Aw~!" I says, mimicking Doris, "Aren't you going all soft of Y/n bae~!" I wink at her, laughing at her stiff question. 

"Shut up Leslie, this isn't about you!" Doris turns away from me and looks at Y/n straight in the eyes, waiting for a response. Rude. It's always going to be about me. Besides, I'm the one who even helped Y/n sneak out of school, I deserve some credit. I stick out my tongue at her, to irritate her further.
Ignored. Urgh.

"Yeah, I'm good, just didn't really wanna see Kara today," Y/n finally says. I mean duh, who wants to see that blonde freak any day. She's so damn annoying, I swear! 

"I'll beat her up for you," Doris offers hopefully. I roll my eyes, shaking my head. That girl will never not take up a chance to be violent. Honestly I'm surprised she even asked. Y'know, I bet this is like the fifth time she's asked already. 

"No thanks, it's just a little break, y'know." Y/n replies, obviously disappointing Doris.  Doris deflates, ever so slightly, and blows a bit of hair out her face to not seem awkward.

I nod knowingly, until Doris hits the back of my head. "Tch. What are you nodding for nerd? You never just take a little break from school, you take whole ass holidays," she says, rolling her eyes.

"Look at you, such a smartass in front of Y/n!" I say back. I wasn't wrong though, Doris had never come up with something that creative before. Usually it's just, "How do you spell the letter B?"

"Stop it you guys oh my gosh," Y/n laughs, grabbing both our hands. I blush slightly at her touch but I close my hand around hers, walking closer to her. "Lets go get some ice cream," She smiles.

"Yeah, let's," I smirk as we walk into Sweet Justice.

-

"And what will you lot have?" The person behind the counter says, the one who covers for Barry while he's busy or at school. He's the complete opposite of Barry, flat and dead, boring as can be, and lowkey kinda creepy.

"Uh whatever is best, don't really care," Doris says, knowing whatever it'd be, she'd make a scene so we'd get free desserts. Or at least that was what I thought she'd do.

"Okay... What about you, blue streaks?"  He says, probably to seem more interesting. What a lame nickname.

"I'll have something sour, and don't call me that, thanks," I reply, since I'm not actually too into sweet desserts.

"Okay, uh what about that one?" The guy says, without the energy or speed Barry has, pointing at number 13 on the menu board behind him.
It was a picture of a tall glass of ice(?) with a sprig of mint and lots of chunky pink things. The description said that it was a lemon shot with crushed ice, mint leaves and lime zest, with a sprinkle of pink Himalayan salt, to highlight the flavour and "Excite your taste buds". Odd.

"Sure, whatever I guess." I say.

"Yeah, ahem okay, and what about you..? Beautiful.." The guy finally sees Y/n and he starts drooling over the counter. "I- Uh.. Can I- Would you like my number?" 

"No." Y/n says.

"Oh come on, I know you do, don't play hard to get," The guy "flirts" getting more and more creepy.

"Shut up, the only thing I want here is a strawberry cheesecake, and I'd better get that, nothing more, nothing less." Y/n says sternly.

"Yeah, back off, buddy," I say making a face and cracking my knuckles. "Just go get our orders."

Doris catches on and crosses her arms, standing intimidatingly over him, glaring. 

"Okay, okay, geez, my bad." The creepy dude says. "So that's one iced lemon, one cheesecake and one chocolate mousse,"

"Yeah." Doris glares at him.

"Okay, I'll be back in 10." He says with a sour face, popping off behind the counter.  

Weirdo.

Y/n's POV

To be honest I've never gotten used to these creeps.

I was obviously not often hit on in secondary, because I was picked on too often by Kara's friends so no one really wanted to get involved with me.

But then, when I started trying a bit harder in how I look, and could actually pass as someone pretty, the people came pouring in. Day after day people would ask me for my number, for my socials and whether I was single or willing to cheat. It was flattering... at first.

But after a while it started to become really really scary. People would follow me home, and try to follow my car. It got so bad I wanted to hire a bodyguard for a while, I never did, though, because I had faith it would all go away.

Clearly they did not, but at least the stalking stopped. 

The Sweet Justice guy came back with our orders, grumbling about rude teenagers and how he was just being "Nice".

Luckily Leslie heard him and asked, "You wanna repeat that, buddy?" causing him to jump and apologise extravagantly. 

Leslie rolled her eyes and huffed angrily. I notice her rubbing two of her fingers together and directing an electric blue zap towards the man, chuckling quietly. 

Leslie and Doris weren't exactly the most slick people when it came to their supernatural abilities. But I wasn't gonna tell them that, because if no one else is noticing then it doesn't really matter.

Anyway after that small ordeal we all enjoyed out desserts and sat there chatting for a bit and after school had ended, Selena, Harleen and Pamela joined us and told us about how Kara had hunted Harleen down and asked her like a bajillion questions.

"Wait what?" I asked.

"Yeah so I was beat- I mean, I was talking to Freddie boy and Danvers came running down the hall all crazy like and started yapping about you!"

"About me?" I asked.

"Yeah, Y/n, she said she was looking for you but I told her I didn't know where you were, because well, I didn't!" She exclaimed.

"And then what?" Doris asks, tilting her head slightly and leaning back.

"Well I told her to go find you!" Harleen takes a huge sip of her chocolate milkshake and starts picking at Pamela's untouched chocolate cake. Pamela, unbothered, watches Harleen's hands as she hungrily chomps on a steak she somehow carried around in her pocket.

"And she still hasn't?" Doris starts to say, when the door of Sweet Justice bursts open, the tinkling of the bell ringing melodiously.

A messy blonde stands there, panting. "D-D-Doris!" She chokes out. "There you a- oh what Y/n, you were here all along?" 

I identify the messy blonde as Kara and roll my eyes. Selena gets up and starts leading me to her car, glaring and hissing at Kara as we walk past.

"No-! Come on now! I've searched all over Metropolis for you!" Kara pleads. "At least hear what I have to say!" she holds out her hand, smiling hopefully.

4th September 2023

1228 words 
omg guys i'm actually so sorry it took this long for an update I like literally moved houses like five times and countries twice 😭