"Yo am I dead..?"

Kara's POV;

What was Zee screaming about anyway? And why was she in such a hurry to leave? Besides, what does she mean "Ask Y/n"? Sure, it does seem fun to play detective but, come on, would I really have done something to Y/n? They're probably just being dramatic.
Though.. I don't remember them ever being dramatic.
Like, ever.

Wait, lemme go through my memories to double check.

Let's see... hmmm..
Krypton... nah, after that
Smallville high... nope a bit before.

Aha! Got it. 
When I first came to earth after being blasted here when my home planet was being destroyed, a kind, cute kid named Y/n Augusto Gilbert took me in with them, and took care of me, even finding me a place to stay. Which was the children's home. I mean, it was okay... I just never quite fit in.

But the best part of each week was when I was allowed to go round to Y/n's for the night. Their house was massive, and I loved how the long hallways echoed my rock music, and how I would sit at Y/n's dresser, while they combed my hair with the golden plated brush, making me feel important. I loved their weird fancy ice cream, that tasted so.. um- Sofie..? Sofiestee..? Sophisticated! Yes, that's the word, haha.

It was so fun and I love looking back at all those memories, we carried on with our weekly sleepovers even when I got adopted by the Danvers's, and we were more or less inseparable.

We were even close in high school! I had these really cool new friends, who loved both of us, and we became such a powerful and strong friend group.
Sure, they could be, y'know, a weeny bit mean sometimes, but it wasn't that bad.
Y'know, with the classic calling Y/n my "pet," c'mon, that was funny, now, wasn't it?

Y/n never said they didn't like it, like if they had a real problem with them, they would say so, wouldn't they?

I mean they kinda were anyway, always following me around, like a little lost puppy, needing me to protect them.

And then calling them "Daddy's money," Which was technically true, always had their wallet out, willing to pay.

Oh and the mocking them, and pushing them around, and ghosting them...
Heck, they even took graffitied their locker.
Shit, actually that's bad.
 Like really bad.

What the hell, now that I think of it, my old friends were such assholes?
No wonder Y/n is avoiding me! They must think I'm still hanging around dicks! It all makes sense now!

I'll talk to them at school tomorrow, and sort it all out, and then we could be friends again! Maybe even more... I mean like best friends! Nothing else, I swear!

"Arghhhhhh, I have stupid chemistry!" I groan, to no one in particular.

"Urgh, Tell me about it," Babs says, rolling her eyes. "But at least I get to talk to Y/n!"

Oh yeah, Y/n is in the class now. Perfect! Now I get to talk to them, now all I have to do is not fall asleep.

But the professors voice is so boring, and he goes on, and on, and on...
And before I know it, I'm dozing off.

Once again, I vaguely hear my name being called, far, far away... I open my eyes a bit, flinching from the bright light.

A heavenly angel stands in front of me, glaring. "Yo am I dead..?" I ask blearily.

"I can arrange that if you want," The angel says, deadpanned.

"Oi! Can angels even do that??" I yell suddenly wide awake. "Oh it's just you," I say, seeing Y/n. "Oh shit it's you! Hi! Uh- what are you doing here..?" I say, blushing profusely.

"Look I don't wanna be here anymore than you do, but sir said we have to do a project together, remember?"

"..Yeeess..?" I say slowly.

Y/n sighs loudly. "Okay I'm gonna say this once, okay? Listen," Damn, how aggressive. "We're doing a project on Atomic Structure, and we have a week to finish it,"

"Okay, um do you have any ideas in mind on what to do for it, or..?"

"I don't know, don't really care, I'm gonna start on this later, but you do you" Y/n says tiredly, putting on their headphones and turning on Spotify.

"Nice song," I say without really thinking.

"Wait.. what?" Their head snaps towards me, narrowing their eyes.

"Uh I just saw the song on the screen, haha," I say quickly, trying to cover up my mistake. "So, uh, how was Smallville without me?" I ask, trying to spark a conversation.

"It was good, thank you." They say, slightly sarcastically, waving their hands dismissively, revealing a big patch of raw red skin on their forearm.

"Hey!" I say in concern, "What happened to you?!"

"Doesn't matter, besides, why do you even care? And more importantly, why  do you suddenly care?" Y/n pulls their sleeve down, going slightly pink.

Ouch. How cold.
"Y/n..." I start, unsure what to say, "I've always cared, you know that,"

"Do I now? Well, I would have never guessed, 'VIP' !" Y/n turns away, signalling the conversation was closed.

"Wait, Y/n?" I say, seizing the chance to interrogate them. This was the Y/n I knew, my best friend, and I'm sure I can convince them I don't associate myself with assholes anymore.

"What do you want, Danvers." Okay, um not what I really had in mind, but whatever.

"It's Kara," I correct. "Also, I know why you're upset with me," I say, ready to apologise and be best friends with Y/n again. 

"Hmmmm, do you really. I'm so surprised, wow," They say, with an edge.

"And I just wanna say I'm very sorry for what happened in Smallville," I sigh, looking at Y/n carefully. Jackpot, Y/n's hard expression neutralises, so it must be what was bothering them.

"You.. you are..?" Y/n says, looking slightly relieved for a very quick moment.

"Yeah, and I just want to let you know that I'll never make the same mistake again," I smile slightly at Y/n, hoping they understand.

"You- You won't?" Y/n smiles a big, shining smile, "Oh Kara! I can't tell you how glad I am!" I chuckle, happy they used my actual name again.

"Yeah, don't worry about it Y/n, I'll never make friends with assholes again, I mean, come on, you've seen Babs-" I get cut off with a frustrated groan.

"Never mind Danvers, of course you're too much of an idiot to actually realise why I'm upset," Well that went swimmingly. 

"Then tell me, Y/n! You cant stay mad at me forever!"

"Wanna bet?" They say, sticking out their finger, jabbing it at my direction and narrowing their eyes.

"Well- obviously not! I just- How am I supposed to know why you're upset? I haven't done anything wrong!" 

"What did you just say?" Y/n asks, glaring daggers at me. Not like I care. A sudden rage shoots through me.     

"I said that I didn't do anything wrong! It's just you being all dramatic! I'm not the one acting all mad because of whatever little reason you have! I was so excited when I found out you were at Metropolis high, but now that you're all pissy and bitchy to me, I don't know if I'm happy you're here anymore!"

"Danvers what the fuck?! So you're saying this is all my  fault now?"  Y/n yells, causing everyone to stare at us.

"Maybe I am!" I retort.

3rd of April 2022

1228 words. 

Holy shit I've been working my ass off for this chapter. I hope you liked Kara's point of view, despite how clueless she is.