"Ryder?"

The multiple voices and heartbeats entering the locker room startled Malia, the coyote looking at Ryder, flashing her eyes before she ran off, leaving the girl by herself.

"Hey, Ry..." Austin spoke softly, gesturing for Lydia and Stiles to stay back, "What made her turn?"

"A number of things, I guess." Lydia said in an uncertain tone, "Someone was kicking at her chair and the teachers voice was irritating her."

"She told you that?"

"She didn't have to, it pretty obvious."

Slowly falling to his knees, Austin flinched as she snapped her teeth at him.

"She's going to be naked and i'm pretty sure Kira just called the cops." Stiles said, looking down at Lydia, "Do you have any extra clothes in your locker?"

"Do I have any extra clothes in my locker?" The Martin scoffed, almost offended her would even think that, "Obviously, I'll go get them."

"I'll distract my dad." Stiles told Austin, his heart sunk as he took a second to watch with soft eyes as he spoke so gently to the wolf in front of him, before leaving the room.

"Ry—you're okay, I promise. I wouldn't lie to you, you know that, nothings wrong. I need you to turn back. To my Ryder, please."

Their eye contact didn't break until the girl picked up on a radio static a few halls down, the Sheriff's voice booming in her ears.

Her nails clicked against the floor as she went behind a locker, bones cracking back into place.

While he was disgusted by the sound, Austin couldn't be more relived to see a pair of jeans and loose tee shirt fly threw the door before it quickly shut back.

"Hurry up!"

•••

"A couple of students said they saw it running
across the field and back into the woods. Thank God, nobody got hurt."

Stiles looked at his dad, "What happens if she does hurt someone?"

"Most likely they'll have to put it down."

"Put her down? Dad, try not to forget there's a girl in there, one that you'll be killing." Stiles agreed with the girl, "Come on, you aren't back to not believing, are you?"

"I believe there are a lot of things I don't understand yet. But that doesn't mean that everything and anything imaginable is suddenly possible. Now, are you 100% sure that this is a girl and not an animal?" Noah looked at the teens.

"Yes. Because Scott's sure." Stiles said, watching his dad walk away. He turned around as to not look suspicious, tilting his head down, "Scott, you been listening?"

"All right, let's get this figured out. Come on."

•••

"I wasn't trying to attack her. I don't even remember the girls name!" Ryder whisper-shouted.

"Her name is Kira—"

"Hey, guys. I think I know what she was looking for."

Scott's eyes grew wide in disbelief, "You took the doll from the car?"

"Yeah, I thought you could use it, you know, for like her scent."

"You're an actual idiot."

"Stop waving it around, dude." Austin pulled the Stilinski's hand down. The action didn't help much, as a voice began shouting at them from down the hall.