only you

warning - ridiculous time skips because i don't have time to write for literally ever single character in the show.

"If you're not pregnant, then what's happening?"

"Mom..." Austin trailed off, "Ryder isn't human."

Jenn side eyed her son, "That's no way to speak of a woman, Austin. I taught you better."

"You did, mom, and I appreciate you for that. But i'm not trying to be disrespectful, i'm being honest. Tell her, Ry."

"He's right." Ryder nodded, her voice was a bit low.

Austin knew why. She clearly wasn't in the mood to speak with anyone. He couldn't blame her, her father was missing and her mother and sister were holed up in their home by themselves.

She had every reason to be upset.

"I'm a werewolf." She blurted out.

Ryder fully expected the woman to laugh in her face and demand for them to stop with the joking and just sit down and watch a movie.

"Excuse me?"

"She's a werewolf, mom."

Jennifer squinted, "Prove it."

Ryder looked at her boyfriend unsurely, silently asking what he wanted her to do.

"Do it."

Ryder cleared her throat, turning a bit so she was facing Jenn rather than the black tv screen in front of them. Deciding that she would go the more 'calm' route, Ryder simply let her brown eyes flicker golden yellow.

She could hear Jenn gasp softly, flinching back a bit as she grabbed Austin's wrist.

"It's okay, mom." Austin reassured her, "She has it all under control. She won't hurt us. Shes still Ryder."

"Your teeth." Jennifer blinked harshly, "Show me."

Ryder felt a little uncomfortable having her full focus, but pulled her lips back into a grimace, letting her sharpened teeth show.

"That's so dope."

Ryder frowned, letting her face slowly fall back into its usual form, "What?"

"Dope isn't a thing anymore, mom." Austin mumbled to her.

"Why did you tell me this?"

"Ry's mom thought it would be best that you knew. Uhm— Aaron got 'kidnapped', i guess."

"Then we need to go to the police."

"No! We can't, he didn't get kidnapped by a normal person." Ryder stopped her, "This person is evil."

"Who is it?"

An outsider would assume that the teens were telling her a spooky story with the way she edge forward in her seat.