cries for mom

—

Austin was crying, he was crying so hard he wasn't even sure what got him to stop.

Like most would, he one hundred percent thought it was his fault.

The night was going perfect, until suddenly, it wasn't.

The two most unlikely people were now possibly on their death beds.

The George teen was covered in both of their blood, having gone out of his way to bring both of them as far as his numb arms could carry him, then Jackson finally came along to help.

He had called Ryder's parents, only getting out that they needed to come to the hospital. He was glad that he didn't have to explain much over the phone. But he knew it wouldn't be long before he had to tell them what happened.

He hadn't spoken a word since then, only staring blankly at the hospital floors, while he waited to see if she was okay.

He knew she wasn't.

Melissa McCall had came over and offered to help clean him up, Austin refusing to even glance at her as she wiped as much blood from his face as she could.

It was unknown to him that her family had just ran in through the hospital doors, demanding to know what happened to their daughter.

He could hear Josie's soft gasp as she had finally
spotted him. His blue and black suit was no longer blue.

He closed his eyes tightly, holding back more tears, listening to her footsteps rush towards him.

"Austin, what happened?"

"I'm sorry. I didn't—" He gasped out, "I'm so sorry."

His hands held a silver ring, now mostly covered in her blood. The small piece of jewelry had fallen off her hand, he kept it as a small piece of comfort while he waited for her to wake up.

He could hear Romona cry as she spotted her daughter through the window, completely open to the public. It was the first thing he's ever heard come from her mouth, aside from a short laugh.

No one was laughing anymore.

•••

Her screams came from deep within her stomach.

The sound echoing throughout the hospital.

Her body shook as she cried, the doctors doing the best to calm her down. She wanted them off of her, they were only making the pain worse.

Josie sobbed at the sound of her sister's cries, throwing herself into Austin's embrace, the older teen stumbling at the impact.

"Mom" She cried, reaching out for the woman that wasn't even allowed in the room. Her neck throbbed but she didn't care, she wanted her mother.