no.9

Y/n's pov:

Rodrick helped me with my mask and I as I felt him tug on it, I wrapped my hands around his wrists. I've got to say his skin is really soft.

As I felt him rip the rest of the mask off I dug my nails into his skin and I'm pretty sure I made marks but the mask was finally off so I was happy. I let out a hard breath and collected my self and looked at Rodrick.

"Dude oh my god that shit hurt so bad" I said rubbing myself. "Sorry" he placed his hand on my face and felt the warmth of it connect to my skin. "Your face is really red, you okay?" He asked completely worried which took me by surprise but I didn't mind.

"Hey I'm fine, it'll go away right now. Are you okay? I know I practically stabbed you with my nails." I said making an awkward face. "Oh yea I'm fine too, I mean I'm bleeding a bit but it didn't hurt really." He said looking at the cuts i had made. "Oh shit sorry." I said as I grabbed some bandaids from the bathroom door and peeled back the paper.

"It's okay y/n, really" I didn't listen to his reassurance and took his wrist and placed two bandaids on each of them.

"Emojis?" He said looking me smiling. "They we're on sale so my mom got them" "hmm nice". We stayed there for a moment looking at each other but the way his eyes were focused on mine made me feel something. I felt my heart beat quicken in my chest and my body get a wave of warmth. I felt myself about to turn red so I quickly stopped the silence in the room.

"Uhh..you wanna go to the park?" I asked making Rodrick snap out of the trance he was in. "Oh yea, yea that's sounds cool. We can take my van." "With your driving, I don't know" I said giggling. He turned his head to the side and made a unimpressed face. "Im not that bad let's be real here". "Mm how about we ask those kids and old lady you almost ran over". He pushed my shoulder lightly.

"Man, then I guess we won't hang out then" he said making me change my tone. "Ughh fine I guess we'll take your van." "That's what I thought" he said proudly. "Wait I have to grab my things" I said as I walked out the bathroom to my bedroom with Rodrick following behind me like a little kid following its mother.

"Wow, it's nice in here. I like the fairy lights."
"Thanks, I kinda got some inspiration from your room." I guess my response made me happy sense he had a smile going from one ear to the next on his face.

He jumped on my bed and laid back to get comfortable. "Oh yea, I could get used to this"
He put his hands behind his head making his shirt lift up a bit, letting me see the elastic of his waste band from his underwear. I stared for a couple of seconds but looked away so I wouldn't be caught.

Why was that kind of hot? I'm so gross my god.

I cleared my throat. "I'm done, we can go now." I said. Rodrick immediately got up and followed me downstairs to the kitchen where I grabbed my keys of the hook. We went outside and locked the front door.

The grass looked nice and wet from the sprinkles that went off just 10 minutes ago and the garden looked beautiful thanks to me.

I followed Rodrick to his van in the drive way and he opened the passenger side for me.
"Wow what a gentleman." I teased. "For you yes". His words caught me a bit off guard but I ignored it thinking he was joking—after all were just friends now.

While driving of course I held onto the door for support as Rodrick ran over curbs and almost hit a couple stop signs and ran I think 2 red lights but whatever I guess.

We got to the park and Rodrick kept telling me how much fun we were gonna have. It was cute. We got out the car and Rodrick squinted his eyes then they automatically lit up.
"There!" "What is it?" "The gazebo!" He said excited. He pulled my hand and ran over there practically dragging me.

I laughed as we ran together to some old beat up gazebo that provided the perfect shade for us. We got there and we walked up the steps.
"Isn't she beautiful" he said. "She?" I asked
"Yea i Name all my belongings she's like my van" I laughed a bit. "You own the gazebo?"
"Well no but I might as well, I come here all the time when I need a break from everything. It's my special place."

He sat down on the little bench that was in there and I sat next to him.
"Why show me your special place?"
"Idk I kind of trust you now even though we only started being friends yesterday."
"Aww" I Said placing a Hand on my heart.
"Shut up. Don't tell anybody about this place. Literally no one's ever here besides me and now you I guess" "don't worry heffley. I won't"

He gave me a warm smile. "What do you wanna talk about?" He asked. "Uhh I don't know honestly." "You just wanna ask questions?" "Yea sure" I agreed. "Okay you first". I giggled. "Okay umm. Why don't you ever read?" "I don't know, I guess it's never interest me like that." He answered a little quietly while rubbing his arm.

"Maybe you just need to find the right book"
"Ehh we'll see" he answered. "What kind of movies do you like?" "I'd say horror but I also like romance movies." His eyebrows raised at my answer. "Sick, I like horror movies too i don't know about Romance though" "oh come onnn. Don't you love the way you get to visually see people fall in love in such a little amount of time?". "That's really specific"

We made eye contact for a few seconds "but I guess that sounds kind of nice." I liked when Rodrick looked at me, it made me feel special in some kind of weird way and I was feeling something I don't know what it was but I liked it.

The day went on and we continued to ask questions about each other and I got to know the real him a lot more. A couple hours went by and he took me home.

We got out of his van that he had parked in his drive way.

"Thanks for today, I had fun". "Really? All we did was talk" he said looking at me. "Yea but I liked spending time talking to you." He smiled at me. "Me too. You want me to walk you to your porch?" "No it's okay I'm only a few steps away anyway. I'll see you tomorrow?" I asked "yea for sure" "kk bye Heffley" "bye y/n".

I walked away and stepped on my porch to the front door. I unlocked it and Rodrick watched to make sure I got inside safely—how sweet.

I waved and he waved back then I went inside.