no.7

"I'm sorry" I said making his eyebrows raise.
"I didn't know I was hurting you like that... It wasn't my intention at all." My face soften at him and he cleared his throat. "It's fine. Um I'm sorry too. I've been kinda harsh towards you to be honest, I don't know why I'm like that." He said putting head down a bit avoiding eye contact.

"It's okay, I understand why now, so I guess your moms like some kind of mind wizard." Rodrick chuckled a bit. "Yea she's kind of weird" he said while smiling making me giggle a bit. For once it was different. We were actually having a genuine conversation and he was smiling with out his mom making him and I heard his real laugh for the first time

Rodricks pov:

Me and y/n were actually getting along and I admit it was kind of nice. "Is my drumming really annoying?" I asked awkwardly.
"Only when it's late and I'm trying to sleep. Other than that, your really good but i just rather not having any background music when I'm heading to bed" she said. Her comment hit something in a brain. I've never had a girl actually say something good about me so I didn't know how to feel.

I laughed a bit. "thank you, no one's ever like said anything good about my drumming" "really? I'm surprised." Again it hit something in my brain. I smiled awkwardly and Switched the topic. "Ben says he has you in the bag."
Her faced completely changed from smiling to confused. "What? Why?" "The nickname you gave him." "Oh my god." She said while laughing. "He's so dumb. I should stop though because I don't like him like that."

"I wouldn't worry about him. He tries to get at girls all the time so he's not really boyfriend material." I said making her laugh. "What about Chris?" She asked kinda making me feel a bit weird inside. "Mmm he's one of those people who don't care so if he was in a relationship he wouldn't care about your feelings at all so he's not boyfriend material either."

"So nun of you guys are gonna get girlfriends?" She said laughing. "Hey, I'd say I'm boyfriend material." "Rodrick you shower 2 times a week and wear the same dirty jeans everyday even though you have other clothes." She said turning her head to the side.

"Okay I know that's bad but like I have no motivation." I said leaning forward. "Do it for yourself" she said. "Take care of yourself and see how much you love the way you look".

"We'll see. I guess" I wanted to change the topic again so I asked her a question.
"Why do you read so many books?" "I find them interesting" she said which was a really flat answer. "How?" " to be honest I just like reading because it's entertaining and some people understand the way you feel inside" Y/n explained to me.

Idk what was going on but she held my attention so well. I actually paid attention to her voice for once and realized it was kinda nice.

"I guess" I said as I rubbed my chin. "Why do you like the drums?" "Oh um idk" she smiled at me "Rodrick." She said my Name getting my attention and looked at me as if she knew I was lying. "Okay well, um I play them because it's kind of like a safe space for me. Like it's only me and I'm living my fantasy of being on a stage and playing for hundreds of people"
I said.

For once someone wasn't bored of me. She had all her attention on me like I was the only person in the room. Well I was the only person in the room but she wasn't staring at a wall or falling asleep as I talked so a win is a win.

Y/n's pov:

Me and Rodrick talked about a lot of things and I'll be honest it was really sweet. I know I just stopped hating him but I liked how I got to see a softer side of him. When I told him about why i read books, he didn't call me a nerd so I knew we were getting somewhere.

We continued talking and I learned some more things about him and he learned some new things about me. Our mom's came back to the table and saw us getting along and teased us on how we were being dumb the whole time and I guess they were somewhat right.

Me and my mom stayed for dinner and as we all talked I made sure Rodrick was included when I saw him left out. Also I caught him staring at me a couple of times but I didn't really pay attention to it.

My mom checked her phone and raised her eyebrows. "What's wrong mom?" I asked. "There's going to be a storm next week" "what? No way it's always sunny here." Susan said.
"I guess not, look" my mom gave Susan her phone and she read the news website she got the notification from.

"Wow oh my god, it says to make sure we have candles and portable chargers because the power is most likely going to go out."

"Damn" Rodrick said. "You guys can stay here if you want. We can have a rainy day get together. Omg We can play board games!" She said excitedly making me and Rodrick laugh.

After dinner me and my mom went home. We thanked Susan for her Hospitality, grabbed our things and left. "Bye y/n" I heard Rodrick say. I smiled and told him bye back. It was kinda quiet outside so all you could hear was our feet walking on the pavement as we walked to our house.

We went inside and my mom said she was tired from work so she went to go shower as I went to my room. Rodrick actually told me goodbye, I smiled to myself. Weirdo don't do that. What is wrong with me all he did was say goodbye and didn't I just hate him like a couple hours ago? Bi polar ass. Anyway after that I just stayed in my room and around 9pm I fell asleep.