The Rookies

Ring! Ring! Ring!

The alarm only managed to ring an amount of three times before the owner shut it off.

Getting up immediately after shutting off the alarm, the young teen did a stretch with a quiet yawn before moving to the bathroom.

After roughly sixteen minutes, she reentered the room, fully dressed, and made her bed.

It was kind of sad for her to think it would be the last day she would be doing this.

The girl grabbed a bag sitting on a chair and exited the room, going down the stairs to an open kitchen. She was greeted by an older woman with honey brown hair and warm blue eyes.

"Morning Mom,"the girl greeted with a small smile. She took a seat at the table.

The lady smiled at her, placing a plate of food in front of her,"Morning, sweetie. Ready for your big day?"

Face stuffed with food, the girl nodded,"Mmhm."

Her mom leaned on table,"What starter are you picking? You kept it secret all these years."

She smiled,"Snivy." Then she frowned,"But Kevin also wants Snivy, just because I do, so I'll have to go in early to get it."

Her mom spun her head to look at the clock on the counter,"It is a bit early, Serena. Professor hasn't asked for any to come until nine."

Serena waved her mom off,"Two hours is not that much mom. You're being dramatic."
____________

"Two hours is way too much."

Serena's jaw dropped,"But Professorrr."

Professor Juniper shook her head,"Nope. One hour is fine if still not a bit too early. But two? That's extreme, Serena. Even for you."

Serena pouted and the lady waved a finger,"None of that. I know you don't want Kevin-,"She made air quotes,"-stealing your pick but nope. I'm already being lenient with giving you another hour."

Serena nodded glumly.

Juniper turned,"Come in. Come and help me with some stuff. You might as well do something while you're here."
_____________

Serena was getting the Snivy. She was worried about Kevin getting the same idea as her and coming in early but luckily he didn't.

"Well, here you go. Snivy's poké ball. Open it up."

As Professor handed her the red and white contraption, Serena marveled at the feel of it for a while before pressing the button on the front.

This caused a bipedal, reptilian Pokémon with a slender build to appear.

Serena bent down to its level and looked into its eyes intently. The two began to stare each other off.

"Serena?","Juniper called only for the newbie trainer to ignore her.

"Serena?",she called again only for the same thing to happen. Juniper sighed and gave up and placed a red device on the table,"There's your Pokédex if you want. I got work to do."

The two continued to stare at each other. Then suddenly Snivy looked away silently. It bowed its head and Serena patted it with a smile.

She took up the device and scanned it.

"Snivy. The Grass Snake Pokémon. It is very intelligent and calm. Being exposed to lots of sunlight makes its movements swifter. They photosynthesize by bathing their tails in sunlight. When they are not feeling well, their tails droop. This Snivy is Female and knows the moves Tackle, Leer, Vine Whip and Leaf Tornado. It has the ability Overgrow and the egg moves Grassy Terrain, Mirror Coat and Twister."