Die All, Die Merrily

Start from the beginning

Artemis turned to Clarke, "You should go with him. I wouldn't know what to say to her." 

"You're her twin sister, not being there is worse than saying the wrong thing. Besides, i have to help my mom get the bunker ready for whoever wins." 

Artemis nodded, and turned to head for the worgeda. She walked in, following Kane through the pit and making her way to her sister. "all right, listen to me." Kane said as they approached Octavia. "The Blue Cliff warrior, she has two corvo blades,  i just saw her practicing. She's left-handed, you go for her weak hand." 

Octavia nodded, "Okay."

"Plains Rider and the warrior from Shallow Valley, they're strong, but their slow." Kane continued talking, and Artemis looked away, avoiding eye contact because she wanted to speak, but she knew she shouldn't, "Not to mention the black rain that could fall at any moment, so you stay close to cover." Octavia had noticed Artemis' little quirk a long time ago, and knew she had something to say, "What, Artemis? If you've got something to say, just say it."

Artemis finally looked at her, "Its just.. You don't need all this O. When the starting horn blows, just stay out of sight, let the others thin out the competition."

"You want me to hide?" 

"I'm just saying you don't need to go up against the strongest warrior from each clan."

"I came here to fight." 

Artemis stayed quiet for a moment, "We were the girls under the floor. Use that, just like mom taught us."

"Artemis' right." Kane agreed, looking at Octavia. "You don't have to kill all 12 warriors."

Octavia pieced it together, "I just have to kill the last one." She looked at Artemis, and she nodded. 

The guard came into the worgeda, "Ambassadors and advisors to the tower. Champions, to your flags."

Kane and Octavia hugged, and he began to walk away. Octavia turned to Art, "May we meet again."

"We will." Artemis pulled her sister into a quick hug, "And you'll be okay." She pulled away, and her sister walked off. Artemis caught up to Kane and they  walked to the tower together. 

The drums began to thud, and Artemis and Kane walked up to the elevator and went all the way to the throne room, where Jasper stood outside the doors, waiting for his beloved, "Art." He walked up to her. 

"Hey." She kissed him, and they walked into the room, sitting down on a bench next to each other. The drums outside were beaten loudly, and the ache in Artemis' stomach grew. "Jasper, i'm nervous."

"It'll be okay, sweet girl." Jasper pulled her close and kissed her forehead, Artemis melted at his touch. The horn sounded, and Artemis knew it was time.  

They waited in the throne room with anticipation, everyone's mind racing with many different thoughts. Gaia walked out from the balcony, "The first two champions have fallen." Artemis got a knot in her stomach and her heart raced. 

"Gael kom Ingranronakru..." They used a metal candle extinguisher, putting out Ingranronakru's candle, "Yu gonplei este oden. (Your fight is over)" Gaia had tears in her eyes as she spoke her next words, "Fio kom Trikru.. Yu gonplei este oden." They repeated the action, putting out Trikru's candle. 

---

They stood on the balcony, Artemis had a gun scope to her eye, watching the conclave. Artemis watched as a man was hit by a bow, and she followed it to the blue cliff warrior. "Sangedakru is no more." Gaia spoke to one of the men, and he nodded, walking in and putting out the candle.